Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me whether this is the PVC valve??? I was to pull the small hole out but how do you take the PVC valve <-----Not sure is this the the PVC valve or not????

Cheers :)

·
Grenaded piston
6,580 Posts
Thats the valve.

By the way its pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) not pvc (poly vinyl chloride - white plastic pipe used for plumbing).

To remove the valve, just pull it out.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the corretion 88 LE, i try to pull the valve out but it's so hard!
Do you have to turn it while pulling it, also i noticed there is a rubber ring underneat the valve....do i have to remove that too?
I try to pull it with all my strength but with no luck any another ideas i should try?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
A half twisting half pulling motion should do the trick when removing the PCV valve. A pair of pliers may help if you are having trouble.

The rubber grommet doesn't *have* to be replaced at the same time, but I usually do it since the PCV valve + grommet costs $10 at the dealership.

Now the grommet is a real pain in the ass to get out. It's usually caked onto the valve cover pretty good, so I have this 11" 45 deg needle-nose plier I use to get it out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I try to use a pliers twist and pull but the damm thing does not want to come out :(
Does the rubber grommet have to come off first before i can pull the valve off....i was able to turn the valve BUT can't pull it off???

:mad:

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
If you still have no luck, rosk it side by side gently and see if that will work wheil doing so pull up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts