Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to share what they paid for the extended warranty. Purchasing a 2022 Camry XSE AWD. I know they prob differ by trim levels and awd vs fwd but looking to see the general price range...or if someone has info to a dealer if they purchased one online

·
Registered
298 Posts
man I cant believe I deleted the info..

A dealer was willing to sell them over the phone and IIRC I was looking at 7/125k for $1500?

Does anyone out there have the PM I sent with the prices???

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
18 & 20 XSE Camry
881 Posts
I paid 1300 for 7yr 125k gold for my 2018 XSE but not AWD about 8 months ago. I bought online but some people mentioned that toyota no longer allows purchase of extended warranty from out of state. Supposedly they will not honor it. However I was not able to find this info. I should probably call Toyota and ask directly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've ready that some (shady?) dealers will sell extended warranties on the cheap online knowing that they get the money butt will never see the car to have it come back to bite them. I'm sure as soon as Toyota caught on to this they closed the loophole.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well um, when you sell a warranty backed by Toyota, it comes back to bite Toyota. Not you.

So the real thing here is the obscene markup they are trying to take in the F&I office. I was offered the extended warranty for 2500 and immediately upon refusal he went down 20% to 2000...wow

And the online cutrate dealer wanted half of that. There's alot of markup there and Toyota has to protect that revenue stream for the 'normal' dealer.

Thats the real shade here

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just like sales managers and salespeople are paid based off of gross profit in the vehicles and their bonus’ are usually based off of number of units they move, Business Managers, i.e., F&I Managers, are paid off of how much backend money they can make and their longevity can be shortened by lack of penetration. The primary reason why they all hate cash deals!

The main thing to remember is just like with a salesperson, everything that comes out of their mouths is negotiable. From interest rates to gap coverage to money factor rates to extended warranties, etc, etc is all negotiable. You really need to determine if you really need an extended warranty or any other type of add on fees before signing on the dotted line. Toyota/Lexus are the two brands I feel most comfortable passing on any add ons. I’ve owned many of both brands and except for the occasional recall they have never been in a shop other 5han for routine service when needed.

Reactions: 2019PDGM

·
Vendor
16 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to introduce ourselves as the newest ToyotaNation Sponsor. We're a Volvo Retailer in Rhode Island, but we're not here to chat about Volvo Cars, rather help the community with discounted pricing on Extended Warranty & Tire/Wheel Protection Plans. We work with Fidelity Warranty Services, who has fantastic coverage for Toyota & Lexus vehicles, so we're happy to pass along our heavy discounts and easy purchasing process with our Online Warranty Portal. It's completely free to get an online quote, and it's super-fast and simple - 100% Online.

We've helped thousands of owners on the Volvo Forums at Swedespeed.com, and even Porsche owners on Rennlist.com, so we're thrilled to join ToyotaNation too. Basically, we're an authorized Fidelity Warranty dealer, and since we have a slick online system/tool, it's easy for us to make things work for customers and pass on massive discounts. Most dealers tend to price gouge with this part of the business, but we'd rather help the masses by keeping our margins tight and selling more plans. Visit www.FactoryProtect.com (we're the exclusive dealer partner) to access our Online Portal for a free online quote, and there you can find all the Terms/Conditions to read the ins & outs. But trust us here, the coverage is fantastic. We recommend the Platinum Coverage plan (you'll notice that's the only coverage level being offered) as it's a true Exclusionary Plan, which means it covers virtually everything except normal wear/tear and maintenance. If you have any questions about our offerings, don't hesitate to send us a PM or call us at the office - we'll be happy to help.

Get your Free Quote Online Now, and be sure to use promocode TOYOTANATION to Save $200.00 instantly. If any questions, don't hesitate!

Get Free Quote Online Now: Steingold Volvo Cars | FactoryProtect.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Contact Jenn at Wolverine Toyota in MI. Google her info. I'm a 2018 Camry owner and just bought a 2022 Highlander. Called Jenn and basically got a 10 year/125k Toyota $0 deductible platinum warranty for 40% less than my local dealer wanted. It was super easy. And to boot, I can go to any Toyota dealership. My dealer sold me a third party one that only let me go local for the $0 deductible.

Jennifer Taylor
Wolverine Toyota
16490 Tecumseh, Dundee, MI 48131
734-242-3900
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Contact Jenn at Wolverine Toyota in MI. Google her info. I'm a 2018 Camry owner and just bought a 2022 Highlander. Called Jenn and basically got a 10 year/125k Toyota $0 deductible platinum warranty for 40% less than my local dealer wanted. It was super easy. And to boot, I can go to any Toyota dealership. My dealer sold me a third party one that only let me go local for the $0 deductible.

Jennifer Taylor
Wolverine Toyota
16490 Tecumseh, Dundee, MI 48131
734-242-3900
[email protected]
how long does she typically take to reply? I contacted her some time back & have not heard back from her - just wondering if she's still in this role?

·
Registered
31 Posts
how long does she typically take to reply? I contacted her some time back & have not heard back from her - just wondering if she's still in this role?
Weird, she was super quick with me. I emailed her, then she called and took my credit card. All happened within a few hours.
Honestly I'd just call the dealership and ask for her. Despite the extra legwork needed, it's worth it in my opinion. If she doesn't pan out there are a few other dealerships who offer similar rates that you can find through here or the toyota subreddit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird, she was super quick with me. I emailed her, then she called and took my credit card. All happened within a few hours.
Honestly I'd just call the dealership and ask for her. Despite the extra legwork needed, it's worth it in my opinion. If she doesn't pan out there are a few other dealerships who offer similar rates that you can find through here or the toyota subreddit.
Thanks. I sent a follow-up email and will wait another day to see if she responds before calling.

·
Registered
2022 Camry XSE V6
64 Posts
Consumer Reports state that an extended warranty is a waste of money. Especially on a Toyota. High markup which goes to make the salesperson's boat payment.
Never bought one and never needed one.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Consumer Reports state that an extended warranty is a waste of money. Especially on a Toyota. High markup which goes to make the salesperson's boat payment.
Sales manager's boat payment, because the working-level folks don't get rich ;)

Extended warranty is basically an insurance product, which means on average you lose money; Toyota has an army of analysts working to make sure that happens. Extended warranty still could make sense the same way health insurance or home insurance make sense. If the ECM fries or the differential grenades after the powertrain warranty expires (however unlikely), can your finances absorb a sudden $3000 repair bill? If you can, then avoid the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Extended warranty is basically an insurance product, which means on average you lose money; Toyota has an army of analysts working to make sure that happens. Extended warranty still could make sense the same way health insurance or home insurance make sense. If the ECM fries or the differential grenades after the powertrain warranty expires (however unlikely), can your finances absorb a sudden $3000 repair bill? If you can, then avoid the extended warranty.
This is the right answer.

The average warranty purchaser probably loses money, but for some people it can seriously pay off.

There's also the peace of mind, which is hard to put a price on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts