Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello my friends long time lurker first time poster. So I have a plastic piece that fell off of my highlander. Googling some of the numbers/data on it it looks like it has something to do with the bumper but I've looked and looked (and haven't messed with the bumper, haven't hit anything...) and I can't for the life of me figure out what it's for! I was hoping some smart people could maybe help me out!

it says on it
LH (left headlight?)
71157-x1c04-D
CAV 2
>PP+E/P-TD20<

Attachments

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,053 Posts
That looks like an interior piece, so I think it must have fallen "out" of your Highlander from the inside, maybe as you stepped out.
But I don't remember seeing that piece in the LE model, and I have taken the interior apart a couple times.
I can see it maybe be around/under the glove box, as a first guess, and maybe the other side under steering some place maybe?
Or the dealer service just left you an extra part from another car and you kicked it out on your way in or out of the car.

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,053 Posts
"Rear panel to spare"
So that piece IS an exterior panel piece that somehow attaches to the spare?
I was surprised, so I went and took a look under there and I couldn't see it.
I wasn't sure where to look, maybe just under the spare? I didn't drop the tire to take a look, but maybe there?

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,053 Posts
The dealer will sell him the new part and he will never see that part again..lol

I was making some best guesses.
But MikeToyota says he has seen a part like that. So lets see if Mike can help with a picture, or futher explanation.

I'll take my chances here on TOYOTA NATION before I waste my time at the dealer.

Maybe you can call and if those number mean anything they can pull it up on the computer.
But this thread just got started.

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,320 Posts
So I have a plastic piece that fell off of my highlander. it says on it LH (left headlight?)
No idea what it is, but what makes u think it fell off your HL? LH...maybe means "left hand side" ?

·
Registered
77 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked in my Highlander and discovered the part is the driver's seat lower track shield. Look under the back of the driver's seat and left track you'll see that shield. It seems like someone who sat in your back seat kicked it loose or it got caught on their shoe.

If you need to order another one here is a link: http://parts.courtesytoyota.com/oe-...T1PwEvgMHwHLED-6AFqMwL3bH6q6y7M3crBoCik3w_wcB
thank you so much everyone (and James) I'm going to go look at that today!

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,053 Posts
Well, that wasn't so bad. No waiting at the dealer, no parts to buy, no BS...
James figured it out.

I had not see that part on the rear chairs, even taking them out a couple times.
I have to say the rail covers on the HL are pretty bad.
Since day one my 2nd row covers have come off. Others are not so bad, they are fine, mostly....Back left or right cover of driver seat gets pushed off if I bring the seat forward and then all the way back, which is how I sit.

Anyone have a good idea of how to keep them on? Maybe gluegun or something? I have repeatedly taken them off and on so the clips don't help as much from trying to get them on.
I priced new ones at the dealer, and they are about $25-40 A PIECE! Junk yard time I guess./? Or I can take a precision torch and knife and try and reshape to secure the clips on the rails. (Likely most effective).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.