Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was like two weeks ago and I have been to busy to post a report... we went back to our spot from our previous post where I got stuck and where the North Gainesville OR pics were taken... and HAD SOME FREAKING FUN!

This day I applied some techniques learned from Adventure North's recommendations and it paid off BIG TIME! I was able to go through WAY more than before just by changing up a few things... Anyways, here's the pics and vids...

Videos to come in second post...

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry the first pic is really small- I'll resize it after 24...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Nice!! :clap: Looks like fun!!

So what did you do different this time?

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PiercedTiger said:
Nice!! :clap: Looks like fun!!

So what did you do different this time?
One day last month I shot AN a PM asking if he knew where to go for rescorces on how to learn more effective offroading techniques. He recommended a seminar (don't have the time right now), some vids, and said that there may be some books out there. So I looked in the book and there are several elementary tips to avoid (not fool proof) getting stuck... Stuff I knew about but never realized it would play THAT big a difference...

1. Air down a little
2. Even if you feel yourself getting stuck, resist the urge to gas it (that's when you get barried

There were a couple other points, but not rocket science. I have decided that I am going to look into some seminarsvideos to improve on this even more. Think of this as shooting skeet.

Look at a 4x4 as a real nice Beretta Over Under that is great for skeet and my Prerunner as a pump Charles Daily. Either one will get the job done on shooting doubles, granted it's easier with a gun ready to fire again right after the wad clears the barrel, but you just have to alter your strategy a little bit and you can effectively shoot with either... so I am going for it!

Sorry for the terrible analogy, but I think it gets the point across...:lol:

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heck yeah- we need to go to Gator skeet and trap and then go wheelin...

I used to shoot with an 11-87, but had to sell it, so now I shoot with a cheap Charles Daily Pump Action 12 gauge (Turkey gun basically) ... my gf shoots too and she has a Citori Featherlight 20ga... very nice...

·
Mind over Money
1,245 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
heck yeah- we need to go to Gator skeet and trap and then go wheelin...

I used to shoot with an 11-87, but had to sell it, so now I shoot with a cheap Charles Daily Pump Action 12 gauge (Turkey gun basically) ... my gf shoots too and she has a Citori Featherlight 20ga... very nice...
name the time and we'll meet up!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Jredneck480 said:
how do yall like the fact that their is apartments in the background?lol thats gainesville mudding for u
The driveway/parking lot at my last apartment almost got that bad! :lol: A few good days of rain and we'd have 3-4" pooling up over most of it! A few donuts or highspeed passes would've made it a little closer to that! :naughty:

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah... there's one hole there I wouldn't go through with anything short of a jeep with front and rear lockers sitting on 37" mudders! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jredneck480 said:
how do yall like the fact that their is apartments in the background?lol thats gainesville mudding for u
Where is that? The complex looks familiar...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts