Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it such a chore to delete my account? I want to delete my account. Why not post instructions under the other thread?

·
Administrator
2,196 Posts
Hey there,

Just to clarify, we can remove the email, all the information, and username attached to the account.
On the other sites we watch over, we do not hard delete accounts either.
As mentioned, hard deleting content form the site can cause holes in our database.

Richard.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
What I do in order not to create data holes by deleting an account is when someone requests their account be canceled I remove all the personal data from their profile, place an "x-" before their registration email address so that they won't receive email notices anymore, I change the password for the account, and I set the account to COPPA. I also reset the User Title to "account canceled" so there is no doubt about the status of the account as seen on the open forums. That's how I work it. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Account Deletion

I would also like to have my account deleted. Luckily I came to this thread to see what that entails. Could you please delete my toyotanation account as well. I'm worried about the recent information breach and don't use the site anymore anyways.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Delete or do whatever to mine account as well

Please delete or anonomize mine as well. I've been in the IT world for 25 years working with web and database systems much larger than this site and have never heard of deleting accounts leaving wholes(sp) in the backend software. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,518 Posts
Probably has more to do with maintaining member and post counts for forum rankings for ad revenue, I KNOW accounts can be permanently deleted, I saw it over at Club3G.com a few years back when a member threatened legal action against VS over an on the forum that became real life issue, that account was gone without a trace so fast... So yes, they CAN delete accounts when it would cost them more than the loss of ad revenue to do so. Whether or not the forum admins we deal with at this level know this I can't comment, it could be simply that they're repeating what they've been told by their bosses higher up and as far as they know it's what's true, but it's not.

Not only that, they regularly do delete all posts from some users, spammers on this and many other forums. Club3g.com has a tool called "one-touch ban and clean" which bans the account, deletes all posts, and logs the IP as banned in the system so anyone from that IP cannot join the site without special permission. I expect this is pretty standard across all VS forums, so I guess they CAN delete all your posts but only if they want to. I think the whole thing is pretty shady, we should be able to request hard deletion of our data if we want it. I realize the TOS aren't in our favor in this matter but it's not that they can't, it's that they won't because they don't want to.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Please permanently delete my account as well. Don't want any part of Nazi nation where they spam your thread on the truth about vaccines and cry little little children in need of a safe space. when you post the truth on their threads about space. Go **** yourselves NAZIS
lol

·
Super Moderator
12,595 Posts
Happy to oblige.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Terminate (close) account

I'm not sure how to close my account... any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
14 Participants
05Moose
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing