Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've cleaned the IAC by taking it off, and yes it was dirty. The throttle body and iAC are clean as new but its still idling really rough with the ac on and in gear but now its doing it with the ac off and in neutral. When I accelerate it just stalls for a few seconds and then takes off. I noticed now its even missing at highway speed. I pulled the green coolant temp sensor plug, didn't help. Pulled each plug wire with it running and each time the engine really missed till I put the wire back so that says its getting fire to and through the plugs. I pulled the vac line on the egr at idle and no vac on the line at all. I just Dont understand it should have at least improved with the IAC being cleaner. The code reader said a whole lot of stuff but the check engine light is not on. One thing that stood out was cylinder missfire. Today I was limping it home and the check engine light popped on I quickly pulled into a part store and had them code it and it said coolant temp sensor. I got one but I tested the old one and its saying its OK. When the engine cools I'll replace it but I can't believe that's the problem. Please help me I get social security and its going to sink me if I have to take it to a shop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK new temp sensor and seafoam running even worse actually died this time idling with it on gear and the ac on. Took it out on the highway with the seafoam in drove without ac for 10 miles. Still jumping and shaking at idle and bogging down on acceleration. I'm so frustrated I could scream and hit something. Where's my hammer :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.