Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a brand new 2011 camry, and also bought an h11 HID kit and the kit didnt come with any instructions. Can some please help me through it step by step? This is what came in the kit
1. 2 Hid Bulbs
2. 2 Slim fit ballast
3. 2 Cancellers
4. 1 Relay Harness

If any body has installed this kit before i would greatly appreciate your knowledge on the order everything must go!

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry SE
58 Posts
This video might help you out alittle, it's a different brand than yours i think, you got DDM?

But i'm gonna guess it's going to be kind of similar and get you on the right track maybe.

Dave-o linked it into one of my threads about a HID Question

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,472 Posts
The cancellers are not needed for the Camry. You can return those. The harness is up to you if you want to use it. For the 55w kit, I would highly recommend it. For the 35w kit, it's personal preference, but it'd probably be better down the road as without the harness, it may melt the wires eventually.

Here is an h11 install guide on DDM. DDM's support website is a pain in the butt, so it may bring up a white page. The kit is generally plug and play though.

https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=14&nav=0,1

·
Registered
74 Posts
That youtube video is pretty detailed, I've seen it before. Where did you buy your kit from and how much did you pay? I'm planning on buying one today or tomorrow. Let us know how the install went.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HID kit

That youtube video is pretty detailed, I've seen it before. Where did you buy your kit from and how much did you pay? I'm planning on buying one today or tomorrow. Let us know how the install went.
I bought the kit online on hidnation.com. It is my first time buying from that company but i didnt recieve the instructions on installation, so i called them for tech support and they werent any help because due to liability reasons they couldnt tell me in what order i should plug in everything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought the kit online on hidnation.com. It is my first time buying from that company but i didnt recieve the instructions on installation, so i called them for tech support and they werent any help because due to liability reasons they couldnt tell me in what order i should plug in everything.
Any reasons why you went with that company? Never heard about the site before, but dang they have some ridiculously high prices when compared with other known vendors. Anyways good luck though, don't forget to post pictures!

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
This video might help you out alittle, it's a different brand than yours i think, you got DDM?

But i'm gonna guess it's going to be kind of similar and get you on the right track maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjealsc9g4&feature=player_embedded

Dave-o linked it into one of my threads about a HID Question

watching this video I wonder why most (all?) H11 HID kits don't have the proper male connector to connet to the OEM bulb plug and instead only have these 2 prongs. How did you protect these 2 prongs from a) coming out and b) get moist? Also, what is that extra gasket on the HID bulb wiring for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts