Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really, really hope someone can help me out. I just traded in a 2008 Highlander Hybrid Limited for a 2013 model, (also Hybrid Limited). A few years ago I owned a 2006 Lexus RX400H, (same drivetrain as the Highlander Hybrid). On the '06 and '08, I used the Energy monitor most of the time when driving, but cannot figure out how to display it on my new '13. That's the cartoon of the car, engines, motor, wheels and battery that show the energy flow to and from each component. There is no "INFO" button where it is normally accessed, nor a "CAR" button. My display is the same as in the below picture. I'm pretty sure it is possible because the 2013 dealership brochure, (found on the web), includes a picture displaying the Energy monitor.

How can I display the Energy monitor? I will be deeply endebted to you if you can tell me how it is done. The manuals are worthless on this subject. Thank you.

Car Automotive design Plant Vehicle audio Personal luxury car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like page 38/39 of the Owners Manual shows it.
Thanks, but your tip doesn't work on my car. Look at the picture I posted. It is different than what is in the manual. The manual shows the system I had in the 2008, not my current 2013. There is no "INFO/PHONE" button on the 2013 navigation screen. Also notice that my system does not have any buttons along the bottom, there is just a cubby large enough to put a CD holder. There is a "telephone handset" button, (right side, second from the bottom), but it is only for the phone. Doesn't grant access to any information screens.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,190 Posts
Sounds like Toyota is behind the curve on their owners manuals. :(
Whats interesting is that they are both considered the same Generation.
Take a look at the 2014 manual around pg 107 and up. No decent pic of the display plus I've never used one.
Is yours Panasonic, Pioneer or branded Entune. Toyota parts data base lists all three.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is yours Panasonic, Pioneer or branded Entune. Toyota parts data base lists all three.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the '14 manual. My unit is a JBL. I think it runs Entune, (not branded as such). I've only had the car for about 24 hours, so haven't had time to really figure out what's going on. Was hoping someone here knew.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm? Maybe a clue. The '14 manual to which you linked, (thank you). Page 117. Press the "APPS" button, then the "ECO" button. However, when pressing the APPS button on my car, the first screen shows "Map", "Bing", "Fuel Prices", "Traffic", "Emails", and "Calendar". Emails and Calendar are greyed out and Bing, Fuel Prices, and Traffic say that they need an internet connection to work. Just Map works, (The Guidance Navigation system). A second APPS screen shows "Pictures" as the only option, and that only works if a thumb drive is inserted with pictures on it. No "ECO" option.

Page 119 shows what I want on the "audio system screen". Left hand column. So it is possible. Can't imagine them having it on pre-2013 and 2014+ models, but not 2013, (and maybe 2011 and 2012, the three re-fresh years before a totally new body/generation).

Makes me wonder what other apps are available and I admit that this is a previously owned vehicle and previous owners may have deleted some applications. Does anyone with a 2011, 2012, or 2013 have the same system I have and could verify what apps are available to you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not to simply swing by a dealership and ask one of them techy guys to set it up for you? No one is going to charge you for that.
Sales staff seem clueless, which I guess we should expect. Yeah, you're right. Should check with the tech guys. There's a few things I want to have changed in Techstream and they do that once for free upon the purchase of a car/truck. Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't thought of that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts