Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be the most confused car buyer out there .. i like the Xr and the corrola S which i think are about the same price .. they both look cool and are Ok cars for what you are paying .. but i have also test drove the new Tc and the mazda 3 and I just can not decide .. i think the Mazda 3 had the best performance/handeling and costs less than the other cars (for what u get) .. but i am so afraid to buy a first year mazda (which by the way has a ford engine!) ... any suggestion? what if i had to pick between Tc and Xr, which one would you pick?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I too like the Mazda 3, and was considering trading in my XR with one but didn't b/c I just got the car less than a year.

The Mazda 3 engine is not made by Ford, the engine is a Mazda engine. The only thing that Ford designed was the suspension. The frame of the body was done by Volvo designers (which ford owns too).

I don't know about the Scion's b/c they are not sold in Canada yet.

Good Luck with your purchase

·
Registered
63 Posts
keep in mind resale value, toyota brand would hold up more than the mazda/ford brand which drops really quick off the lot.

and if i had to pick i would pick the tc b/c of the styling.

plus keep in mind what you want the car for. t/c won't be good for hauling stuff but yet the xr would be a waste of space when it's just you riding in it.

-pat

·
Registered
93 Posts
performance value Rolla S...man can't go wrong with that, or seriously the Mazda3 would be the closest competition.

For value, and versality then the TriXx XR. no performance here, but value, and all round ride for all occasions.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for. I drove the Mazda3 s (5 door) a few times and the Mazda 6 (i and s) a few times and don't find their 4-banger engines to be any better than the Toyota 4-banger.

Choosing between the Rolla S, Trix, and T/C is easier, IMHO. If you don't need a sedan at all, go with the T/C. If you need a sedan, or will in the near future, then the choice between the Rolla and Trix should be based more on space. I for one felt more comfortable in the Trix than the Rolla.

Don't worry about power or handling, the 1ZZFE has plenty and a lot of potential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts