Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i want to change the timing belt for my 95 Camry V6

it's about 112K miles and around the timing belt oil starts leaking a lil bit here and there so they (autoshop) said that i need to replace a lot of stuffs on my car... the estimate is about $750 (+labor)

is that too expensive?
where can i order timing belt parts online for my car? any recommendation is greatly appreciated and thank you in advace!!

BTW im a newbie in this forum :p:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
for parts like that, it's usually best to stick with oem....

and what did your mech say that you needed anyway? seals are going on you or what?

·
Registered
137 Posts
$750 is pretty steap. It sounds to me like you need to have your valve cover gasket replaced (common). You can do this yourself with the help of a haynes manual (or almost any automotive manual for your car). The valve cover gasket runs about $50-$119 (i4-v6) bucks. If you have a cracked valve cover then you can buy a new oem one cheaper than any shop will quote you. Timing belts run about $29.99 and you can get them from any kragen or local parts store.

edit: getting multiple quotes never hurts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Original Equipment Manufacturer. In this case, Toyota. Or whoever they got the part from, and rebadged it as Toyota.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You'll need a timing belt tensioner too...

·
tC
2007 Scion tC
486 Posts
stick with toyota parts... especially since the price difference in the parts cost is nothing compared to the extra labor of doing it twice.:hammer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts