Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to find out what this part is because our mechanic said it’s causing the truck not to start. Any help will be much appreciated.

part #
where to find etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm at a loss for what that thing does, and in all my parts searching for my '92 have never seen something close. If you can find a mechanic with electrical expertise they may be able to build you one, or if you can find a good foreign car mechanic they may know what to do with that one. That looks like some type of resistor at the end of the wires, but that's just a big old guess. Good luck.

I think this is the correct diagram for your truck. Mind you I can't read the dang thing, but maybe it can help you in some way. I got it off the AutoZone web site.

wiring 3.0L by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'm at a loss for what that thing does, and in all my parts searching for my '92 have never seen something close. If you can find a mechanic with electrical expertise they may be able to build you one, or if you can find a good foreign car mechanic they may know what to do with that one. That looks like some type of resistor at the end of the wires, but that's just a big old guess. Good luck.

I think this is the correct diagram for your truck. Mind you I can't read the dang thing, but maybe it can help you in some way. I got it off the AutoZone web site.

wiring 3.0L by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
I’m trying to find out what this part is because our mechanic said it’s causing the truck not to start. Any help will be much appreciated.

part #
where to find etc. View attachment 284145 View attachment 284146
From the #'s on the part!

·
Registered
5 Posts
he is bull shitting you. That is a capacitor put in place to remove ignition noise that could affect radio reception and ECU noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts