Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car gave me a CEL...plugged in my scanner and came up p0325 which is a knock sensor problem....i got the piece (130 bucks) but i cant find it in my car....can someone tell me or better yet if possible take a picture of where it does in my car....any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2006 RAV4
170 Posts
Knock or Detonation Sensor. Can't tell you exactly on that year Rav, but on many cars it is underneath either the intake or exhaust manifolds. The idea being it should be as close to the point of combustion as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knock or Detonation Sensor. Can't tell you exactly on that year Rav, but on many cars it is underneath either the intake or exhaust manifolds. The idea being it should be as close to the point of combustion as possible.
yea thats what everyone tells me either close to those 2 points but i cant seem to find it....

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla
60 Posts
Knock sensor is located on the block of your engine on right side when you look from front side of your engine, it is a little circle half of inch fixed with a hole inside.

·
Registered
97 rav4
157 Posts
Why did you buy one?
The code tells you the AREA of the trouble. It could be a wire or connector plus that and other sensors can be tested with a meter.
What you are doing is called THROWING parts at it and I have seen over and over people doing this and spending $100-$1000 and still not fixing it.
Find a local repair shop,NOT a tire,trans or oil change place that knows toyotas and make sure they know how to check sensors which for a repair shop this is easy. Finding one is just like buying a tv, you research it and ask around. You will come out ahead just about every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts