Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please help me. ive been searching online as well as this forum for hours and have read many threads but have yet to find the answers im looking for.

Im trying to help out a friend with his 92 paseo. some one swapped the head for what ever reason and i am under the impression the timing is off.

what i am trying to find out is how to time the two cams to one another seeing as though they are geared to one another. im use to dohc motors, like my h22, with two cam gears and am at some what of a lost to what to be looking for as in markings? from the stamp on the motor its a 5e motor.

i would be greatly appreciate if some one can link or tell me what i need to be doing.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
The cams should have 4 dots, 2 each on the gears that connect them. when installed right there should be 2 marks pointing at each other and the other two pointing up. I'll confirm this tomorrow at work and comment around 1:30 eastern time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cams should have 4 dots, 2 each on the gears that connect them. when installed right there should be 2 marks pointing at each other and the other two pointing up. I'll confirm this tomorrow at work and comment around 1:30 eastern time.
sounds like a tipical set up. sorry i have not been able to spend much time with the car but i will be working on it sunday so i wanted to get my facts straight. are these dots indentions like the one on the head used to time the cam gear to TDC

·
fleet white
tercel
159 Posts
what part of texas do you live in... I might be able to help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts