Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seaching for a few weeks and I can not find what I'm looking for. I have a 94 Corolla with the 1.6 4afe, I have been trying to find some good rods and 8.1 pistons, but I have not been able to find anything, I had some poeple tell me that the 4age and the 4afe are the some (bottom end) and I could get rods and pistons for the 4age and use them. Is this ture? I am aslo looking for a set of of cams. But not sure what ones to get.
Thanks for any help

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
yes i belive so (dont quote me not a 4a expert) but with toyota engines your engine code is 4a and your head is the fe. so any parts for your block is the same no matter if it is the 4aFE or 4aGE. now diffrent cams and vlaves wount work as well switching from fe to ge.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
i wouldnt think so... 4afe is 9.5 compression, 4agze is 8.9, and 4age is 10.3 or 11.0.

the bore and stroke is the same, but i would say you can use the other pistons if you wanna change the compression. i wouldnt use lower compression unless you were going to turbo or s/c. i wouldnt use the ge pistons unless you were gonna use the heads too, cause i dont think the fe heads would stand up to the compression.

chronoti, dont give out info if you dont know an answer. thats the problem with TN these days...

btw, there are too many threads named please help. try being a little more descriptive in your title. "4a piston question"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zoni_Camry said:
i wouldnt think so... 4afe is 9.5 compression, 4agze is 8.9, and 4age is 10.3 or 11.0.

the bore and stroke is the same, but i would say you can use the other pistons if you wanna change the compression. i wouldnt use lower compression unless you were going to turbo or s/c. i wouldnt use the ge pistons unless you were gonna use the heads too, cause i dont think the fe heads would stand up to the compression.

Thanks, I'm looking to lower the compression ( turbo), do you know if the rods are the same to? I know the 4agze was S/C, so I'm thinking those rods would be better to handle the boost, what you think?

Zoni_Camry said:

btw, there are too many threads named please help. try being a little more descriptive in your title. "4a piston question"
now I know and Thanks again

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
the rods in the gze are semi-forged as far as i know.. they are much better to handle the boost than the rods from a n/a ge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts