Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Toyota Camry 2,2L that has been relatively reliable. We usually take it to mechanics for needed repairs but due to recent event with Covid-19, we are under the orders of "staying at home". I took this opportunity to take out our camry for regular maintenance myself such as replacing timing belt and water pump. As I work on the vehicle, I noticed this item hanging to the back of the engine and couldn't figure out where it goes. Apparently the mechanic removed it from wherever it belonged to and neglected to put it back where it belongs. Can anyone please identify this part and please let me know where to reattach it to? Thanks so much for the help

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,652 Posts
Is it attached to anything? Anyway to take a side picture to get an idea of what it might be?

* actually is there a part number on it?
Actually I may have found it.

It might be the cam position sensor assembly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it wasn't attached to anything. Just dangling on the back. I did have my timing belt and water pump replaced few years ago by a local autoshop.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
410 Posts
Second on the cam position sensor. And it's a bitch to R&R with the engine in the car. Installs behind the head (right hand side), reads the cam timing gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank so much for taking your time to respond. I have located some youtube videos of where it should go and have installed it to it's proper place. Big thank you to awesome members of this forums

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,652 Posts
Smh it's like taking the engine apart and putting it back together and having extra pieces -.- lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts