Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has a Corolla with Blue Streak Metallic paint and extra coats of Clear Coat , please post a pic so we can see how shiny and deep it looks.

:cool:

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
My car has the factory luster glaze clear coat protection detail. Check out my signature.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
what do you mean "extra coats of clear coat"? why would anyone pay extra to have their brand new car sprayed with extra clear coat that could screw up the finish?

extra clear coats could screw up the finish? may i ask where did you learn that idea from?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
if the new coat(s) are not done properly it will orange peel on top of the original clear coat.

that may be true if the job was done by an amateur inside a garage or the backyard with materials used were of inferior quality. but our cars are brand new or should i say 1 year old. so far still so shiny and smooth just like the day i brought it home from the dealership.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am almost positive you don't have an extra coat of clear coat on your car.

I searched the toyota website looking for that option. I am pretty sure the dealer sold you some package and since the word detail is involved I would bet they applied it.

I looked at pics of your car and I don't see any difference in the paint to make me think it has extra layers of clear coat on it.

Is it listed on your dealers website?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
exactly i doubt they added an extra coat of clear coat. what they probably did was applied a "permanent" wax on your vehicle.
What's this "pernanent wax"?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I am almost positive you don't have an extra coat of clear coat on your car.

I searched the toyota website looking for that option. I am pretty sure the dealer sold you some package and since the word detail is involved I would bet they applied it.

I looked at pics of your car and I don't see any difference in the paint to make me think it has extra layers of clear coat on it.

Is it listed on your dealers website?
your questions have been asked from me before. like i told that person... if u have the money to pay you can ask for anything u want on your car. and you wont find that option in any toyota website.

so i will state my answer similar to the one i gave the other person. before i bought my car i asked the salesman if the blue streak metallic has a clear coat from the factory. the salesman made a couple of fone calls and he confirmed that there is a factory clear coat for that color. i asked him if he can negotiate adding 2 more layers of clear coats and how much. i was told of what the cost will be and i agreed. in short i brought home a very shiny and smooth 09 corolla on May 8th 2008.

this is what i can tell you. run down the palm of your hand on top a brand new 09 corolla with a single layer of clear coat and do the same with another 09/10 corolla with triple layers of clear coat and you will get what i mean when i say shiny and smooth.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Did you have the car built?

If so you have the build sheet showing the order for the extra coats of clear coat

If not you bought some kind of dealer voodoo.

I really am not trying to be an ass but I think you misunderstood what you were paying for.

Paint doesn't work like that and clear coat is transparent paint.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Did you have the car built?

If so you have the build sheet showing the order for the extra coats of clear coat

If not you bought some kind of dealer voodoo.

I really am not trying to be an ass but I think you misunderstood what you were paying for.

Paint doesn't work like that and clear coat is transparent paint.
i am not a 10-year old boy that paid CAD$24,800 for an 09 auto S. i knew what i paid for. everything was put in black and white. and i am a very happy 09 corolla owner. :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am not a 10-year old boy that paid CAD$24,800 for an 09 auto S. i knew what i paid for. everything was put in black and white. and i am a very happy 09 corolla owner. :D

My last post on this subject.

You do not have extra coats of clear coat paint.

The dealer put some kind of package on it and charged you for it.
You can not feel extra layers of clear coat on a car when you rub your hand down it. You maybe able to feel less resistance because of some kind of sealer that the dealer put on it.

This whole thing started because you said that you could power ball your extra layers of clear coat and make them shinier than my car.

You don't have extra layers of clear coat and you can't make your car shinier with a power ball than I can with the proper pads and chemicals and a PC.
Go over to Autopia and post your claim and see how fast you get laughed off the board by professional detailers and painters.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
My last post on this subject.

You do not have extra coats of clear coat paint.
OkSlim... it seems that you haven't had any car yet that has multiple layers of clear coat. that is understandable if you are not aware of its characteristics coz you havent seen one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This might be the most retarded thread I've ever read. I'm pretty damn sure that cars (in general, NOT just Corollas) have more than one coat of clear (exactly how many? Who knows, who cares). I'm also pretty damn sure that Toyota (or any other car company) does not have an "extra clear coat" option, whether it be from the factory or as a "dealer installed option".

I'm going with OK Slim and pure common sense on this one... you paid for some kind of dealer junk. If you want to see if you have more paint and/or clear on you car, go buy a paint thickness gauge and test you car vs. every other Corolla on the road, then maybe I'll give this thread any kind of consideration as "fact". That, or chip your paint off the edge of your door or something and take a picture showing the "layers" of clear. Be sure to number them accordingly so that we all have proof that there are three layers.

When you can provide this, I'll be the first to go to my dealer and ask for the "additional triple clear coat" at my next oil change. They are kind of bored there, usually, and I'm sure they could use a good laugh.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
This might be the most retarded thread I've ever read. I'm pretty damn sure that cars (in general, NOT just Corollas) have more than one coat of clear (exactly how many? Who knows, who cares). I'm also pretty damn sure that Toyota (or any other car company) does not have an "extra clear coat" option, whether it be from the factory or as a "dealer installed option".

I'm going with OK Slim and pure common sense on this one... you paid for some kind of dealer junk. If you want to see if you have more paint and/or clear on you car, go buy a paint thickness gauge and test you car vs. every other Corolla on the road, then maybe I'll give this thread any kind of consideration as "fact". That, or chip your paint off the edge of your door or something and take a picture showing the "layers" of clear. Be sure to number them accordingly so that we all have proof that there are three layers.

When you can provide this, I'll be the first to go to my dealer and ask for the "additional triple clear coat" at my next oil change. They are kind of bored there, usually, and I'm sure they could use a good laugh.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
hahahahahaha its like saying that OKSlim started a retarded thread. but dont fret if you James Here or OKSlim did not get the chance to negotiate to have your 09 corolla come out of the dealership prepainted with extra layers of clear coat. there are lots of small auto paint shops out there who could do a lousy job on your cars. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess that wasn't my last post.

I will say it just as plain as I can.

You are full of shit and have no idea what your are talking about.

You paid for some kind of sealer at the dealership and that is all.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) - source of all Canadian Corolla/Matrix - does not add an extra layers(s) of clearcoat on customer demand. That would be horribly disruptive to the production line. Having seen the plant, I have no idea how they'd turn the car around and insert it back into the line to go through the paint shop "x" number of times.

At worst, the dealer did nothing and took your money.
At medium, they applied paint sealer...and still took your money.
At best, they farmed it out to a 3rd party paintshop and added clearcoat (at least you got something for your money).

In either event, you might have difficulty getting warranty coverage if they messed up the clearcoat (mind you the dealer would have to fix it at their cost).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts