Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eat, Sleep, Toyota.
99 toyota corolla
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was able to get my father's old 18" rotas from his old car (Acura integra '97) and i threw them on my car. one problem though, the front is perfect but the back is kinda bad, if i put someone else other than me in the car, the tires begin to skid when i hit a bump. i have new struts (tokico blues) but stock springs and my car has 135XXX miles on it. i was wondering what i can do to fix it. i was thinking of cutting the rear fender lip just above the rim... please help me out..thanks.

Oh heres some piks:

·
Mad Microbiologist
2002 Corolla
458 Posts
roll fenders first, if it dont work, then get new springs since they are still stock..but they dont look like they are sagging. if that dont work, either deal with it and dont let anyone in the back seat or sell the rims and buy another set...craigslist.

·
Eat, Sleep, Toyota.
99 toyota corolla
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what u mean by roling the fender? take a saw and cut it? and the front coils seem to be ok but its the back springs that look low...

·
Mad Microbiologist
2002 Corolla
458 Posts
raise your car a little bit just enough to stick a baseball bat in the fender gap, drop it a little bit so that the bat is pressed between tire and fender but not so much that it cant move, then roll the bat back and forth at an angle to push in that lip on the fender. its hard to explain in words.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
raise your car a little bit just enough to stick a baseball bat in the fender gap, drop it a little bit so that the bat is pressed between tire and fender but not so much that it cant move, then roll the bat back and forth at an angle to push in that lip on the fender. its hard to explain in words.
:lol:. Or get it done professionally at a tire shop. They use a heat gun and a fender rolling tool to make sure everything is smooth and even. I got my rears done for $70 NZD ($40 USD) and it only took them about an hour.

·
Mad Microbiologist
2002 Corolla
458 Posts
:lol:. Or get it done professionally at a tire shop. They use a heat gun and a fender rolling tool to make sure everything is smooth and even. I got my rears done for $70 NZD ($40 USD) and it only took them about an hour.
place near me wanted 35 for each fender and they said their roller had been chipping paint. NO THANK YOU lol. so i did it myself. It aint perfect but it did the job.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Don't cut your fender lip.

This should be a last resort because the sharp edges created by cutting will possibly cause a blowout over time.

Like the others here said, roll your fender. Google it up to see what the tool looks like. You might need a slight pull as well.

·
Eat, Sleep, Toyota.
99 toyota corolla
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellas. I'm going to look into the Rolling procedure and post the pictures up after it is done. Thanks a lot everyone. Keep the Enthusiasum going.

·
Eat, Sleep, Toyota.
99 toyota corolla
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks can be deciving. i went to a bodyshop around my way (bronx) and they said they'll cut it all off and do the body work for 700.... i laughed in his face. Roach, where is that spot where they told you they'll roll them?

·
new to TN
8.5 Gen 2002 Corolla
98 Posts
heat gun, baseball bat or a really thick pipe, and a friend , and alot of time. thats all u need!

·
ロンリードラ&#
99 Corolla CE
228 Posts
Or heat gun, rubber mallet, muscle, and neighbors that apparently don't care about noise in the middle of the night :lol:

Got my fenders rolled in about 2 hours by myself.

·
Eat, Sleep, Toyota.
99 toyota corolla
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks a lot guys, roach, ill be checking those places out... and about the hammer thing, i seen how those come out, the fenders get rolled but they end up looking like sharp waves all around

1 - 16 of 16 Posts