Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

From the start I have to mention that I own a 2011 Toyota Auris Hybrid and I post on the Prius section because I can't find a Auris area and because I've seen a lot of about Prius cars with this problem
Since last year, an error (PLock Malfunction), started to appear on the dashboard. After I stop the car and start it again only check hybrid system error remains (photos attached).

The error occurs in any conditions: car running/driving, car sitting with the engine running, car sitting with the engine stopped. I went to two Toyota dealerships and both said that they see communication errors and the problem is possible a loose connection (diagnostic reports attached). But like I said, this error occurs even when the car sits still with engine not running. I can't find a trigger for this. They wanted to remove the dashboard and check all the connections but, for me, this seems like a drastic measure.

The 12V batter was changed two years ago in summer 2018, the error started to appear in summer 2019. I'm writing this because I've found some, on other places, suggest that is the 12V battery.

Do any of you encounter this problem or do you have any idea about what causes it ?? Thank you!
Auris Check Hybrid System.jpg
Auris Hybrid Diagnostic 1.png
Auris Hybrid Diagnostic 2.png
Auris Hybrid PLock Malfunction.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts