Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Camry DX'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a JDM 3sfe in my camry. when the motor was swapped, the valve cover was switched as well as the plug wires and distributor cap. Well, I am about to change plugs and plug wires and when I do i want to switch back to the JDM valve cover because i like the way it looks better. So my question is: where could I find plug wires for a JDM 3sfe or will the ones off of a Rav4 work cause I am told the motors look almost the same. The plug wires have a square peice that fits down into the valve cover where the stock one has the round ones ontop of the cover. any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
90 Camry DX'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could? I didnt know that. So they should just plug straight into the distributor and then fit right with the valve cover that I have? What brand of plug wires are recommended? thanks for the help.

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
Check your distributor cap.

The wires and dist. cap on a 3S-FE is all one piece. The wires do not seperate from the cap.

I don't know about the JDM 3S-FE, but thats how they are in the US.

·
Registered
90 Camry DX'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i remember correctly, these are able to be removed so it must be a thing with the JDM. in fact, im pretty sure i have unhooked one of them before.... ill have to recheck again later. so if this is the case will the 5sfe wires work?

·
Registered
92 camry dx
40 Posts
i would say go with msd wires if ur looking to replace ur current ones and bosch platnum 4+ plugs. they both help

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
MSD doesn't make wires for a 3S-FE or 5S-FE. You'd have to get the proper ends and rig something up.

I think Magnacor makes a set for the 5S-FE though.

Theres a big thread on here about sparkplugs and Bosch plat. +4 got a :thumbsdow

·
Registered
90 Camry DX'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok then. well it seems that most people on the thread prefer NGK's or Densos so I think im gonna get the NGK's. Also, can the Magnacor wires be bought at autozone or something? thanks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts