Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 1992 Toyota Camry and everything about this car is awesome, very comfortable, has really nice leather interior, MPG, everything is good, but about 6 months ago I was rolling the passenger side window down, and i heard a crunch, and it never came back up lol, i took it to a few mechanics and they were saying that it is the regulator in the window, im a real noob on cars and everything, and i dont really have enough money right now to repair the regulator in the door, what im really asking, is how do i just get the window up without repairing anything, i NEVER use this window either, its just surprising to see that it broke before my driver side window did, it is so freaking annoying driving through florida traffic with the window completely down lol.

thank you in advance

Gary

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
Pop off the door panel and see what happened. You can get regulators at Ebay cheap! You probably could fix it yourself, or aleast get closed.

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
if you cant get the window up by hand (most likely the case)

once you open up the door panel you should be able to get the bolts (at the bottom) off the window to be free from the regulator and get a freind to hold up thw window while you get a pair of vice grips to clamp on the rail for the window
this should hold the windows well
i had mine for a month before i got the damn regulator

also i believe others here on TN has done it for a quick fix until the regulator comes in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies guys, i actually got the window up alittle bit with a pair of pliers lol, i cant seem to get the window up all the way though, and it slides down alittle bit, it actually sounds like the motor is working fine in the door, i hear a motor in the door when i press the power switches, this beats the hell out of having a window completely down. any other suggestions appreciated, thanks guys!

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
Maybe try pulling it up with pliers again (or your 2 hands if possible) and get a friend to hit the up button to assist in getting it closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the thing is that the motor is working, but something has broken off of the window, or something, i mean i hear the motor but its doing absolutely nothing, and i still cant seem to get the window up all the way, it goes about 80% of the way up, and even with all the strength i have i cant pull it up anymore and im afraid of breaking the window trying to get it up more, i guess i will just have to live with it at this point until i can get it fixed, thanks for all the help guys, this is a cool forum :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Taking the door apart is kind of tricky - you have to remove the door handle frame first. But if it is done, than you will immeditely see the problem and you will surely be able to get the window all the way up. I suggest to get a Haynes manual (~$15). Is that cheap enough?

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
archvile said:
well the thing is that the motor is working, but something has broken off of the window, or something, i mean i hear the motor but its doing absolutely nothing, and i still cant seem to get the window up all the way, it goes about 80% of the way up, and even with all the strength i have i cant pull it up anymore and im afraid of breaking the window trying to get it up more, i guess i will just have to live with it at this point until i can get it fixed, thanks for all the help guys, this is a cool forum :)
i had the same exact problem
the wire or whatever from the motor broke
so the motor worked fine but the wire wasnt pullin up the window

if you dont wanna force up the window the only other thing is to open up the door panel

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem. A little plastic piece on the regulator that catches the hook that lifts the window broke off. You should be able to force the window all the way up and tape it closed. Just make sure you pull the power window switch until it's in the up position (motor will stop), otherwise it won't go past that point. Check ebay for parts. I got mine for around $40 shipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts