Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey thought I would share what I saw today at Venice Beach, Ca. It is an actual police tacoma.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
ahhhhh nice. i wonder what kinda mods are done to the engine

·
the noblest
324 Posts
ya if you go around newport and huntington beach they have tacoma beach patrol/lifeguard vehicles. They are all sweet! :thumbsup:

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Bad ass! :thumbsup:

ya if you go around newport and huntington beach they have tacoma beach patrol/lifeguard vehicles. They are all sweet! :thumbsup:

^ Not unless they replaced the Nissan Frontiers! They have been using the new models since they came out.

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
yea, i've seen a few of those out here in santa monica/west LA, i did a double take when i first saw it, now i just smile ear to ear when i see them!! and look, it even has a hood scoop, wonder if they would be up for a trade plus cash?!

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts
Cool! Cops now ride in style! Maybe if they pull over another taco, they will just give a warning.

I doubt it!
I read a news article where a law enforcement officer was pulled over for doing 131 mph in an unmarked Charger. He said he was running late for a function. He ended up with a traffic ticket in excess of $300 and a 3 day suspension. Now, he's stuck driving a regular patrol car. Rumor has it that any officer that drives an unmarked car is privileged. Times are tough these days. The gov't will take their money anyway they can.

·
Rad Red Prerunner
579 Posts
I was towing a trailer going 65 on the freeway so my speed limit was 55. Cop got me at the bottom of a very long and steep grade which resulted in a $430 ticket!
Doing 131 and only a $300+ ticket and 3 day suspension is not bad at all. Sucks that he lost his charger privilege.
But yeah I know what you mean when they say they will take your money however they can get it. When I asked the traffic court judge why it was so expensive he couldn't give me an answer. Turns out i was in a safety corridor, aka: we want more money, so we will make this strech of normal freeway more expensive!

·
I hate mud!
05' Tacoma Dbl. Cab
221 Posts
That Tacoma belongs to LAPD Pacific Division. I believe they have about 3 of them. Pretty much stock and they have a few 96-2001 4'Runner too.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Our security guards around here on base drive Tacos, I'd like to think they wave at me alot because of our similarities :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Bad ass! :thumbsup:

^ Not unless they replaced the Nissan Frontiers! They have been using the new models since they came out.
I've seen some episodes of that show "Beach Patrol" that were at Huntington Beach and I saw the tacoma lifeguard vehicles. They look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I was a cop thats what I would want to drive:thumbsup:

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Would rather get pulled over by one of those then some stupid old crown vic

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
This is the first tacoma i've seen converted to the dark side...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a degree in law enforcement, but I'm a teacher. That truck is definitely changing my mind. haha.

On another note, here in Hawaii, police cars have turned into family vehicles. We got some toyota camry cop cars!!! with the paint job and everything.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts