Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10475 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post any and all Political and Presidential threads here.

Please keep it civil or all Political threads will be banned.

Thank you.

:Bruce:

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
This should prove interesting!

No doubt this election is a monumental item. We will have either a black man as president or a woman as vice president. Pretty historical stuff.

Neither is a bad thing on its own. The next few months are going to be entertaining for sure.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about who has the best ticket....... but their names rhyme with 'Spawn" and "Mascara". :lol:

everyone is correct though... just pickin' the better of two evils.

I'm just really glad that Hitlery isn't on the ballot in November.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My FIL is 85 yrs old and a WWII veteran that fought on the front lines in the Phillipines. He is a lifelong Democrat and HATES GWB (he hates this war!). We stopped by their house today and I was VERY surprised when he mentioned that he watched the RNC and actually likes McCain.

My vote also goes to McCain.

Link....Click me

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
Let's have a TN Presidential Poll:) just to see if TN is more Democratic or Republican. or Independent?

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^You get a lot of people who say they will vote Independent, but when the time comes to step into the poles either they do not go or fall in line and vote Democrat or Republican.

McCain 08

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
I'm liking McCain. And Palin. They are both strong individuals and are tough as nails. We need some toughies in the White House.

I do like how both Obama and McCain want change (but doesn't every new election bring out candidates that want change?) I am not a Hilary fan at all, and I am not interested in free heath care and my taxes going up to help pay for it. I am a hard worker- even when I had cancer, I continued to work to keep my health care because I knew if I didn't work, I wasn't going to be able to afford my surgeries and treatments! (Total bill for 2 surgeries, over 20 blood draws and my radioactive treatments... Over 20k! How much I paid... $10)!

So I am all for change, just not my taxes and health care!

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
I've always voted Democratic...but i'm undecided this Election..:confused:

holy crap... if you're in the medical profession you'd better vote republican this term.

do you want to wait 6 months for a Heart Surgery on a waiting list when you have only 3 months to live. i agree that that is a little dramatic, but that is the basics of "Universal Healthcare" ......wait in line for service, in other words.

the way it is now you have the ability to have the same surgery within a few days, which is the way the republican ticket is headed. Insurance costs will lower with McCain in office, assuming he'll do what he's said, privitizing health insurance companies to make them more competitive in the marketplace...a la mitt romney.

Universal healthcare will be the death of private practice medical practices and you'll have MUCH fewer doctors going to medical school if they know that is the system they're getting into.....then an influx of those students into law schools, schools of engineering, etc....

Universal Heathcare SOUNDS good on paper and in spoken word.....but in reality not good for America, IMO.

Why do canadians come down for healthcare in America???? And, why do we go there for Prescription medications..... with that question answered and understood by the american people, John McCain will win by a landslide because he won't let it happen.

I'd like to hear if anyone has had any experience with the Canadian Medical System and how it works up there.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
I'm liking McCain. And Palin. They are both strong individuals and are tough as nails. We need some toughies in the White House.

I do like how both Obama and McCain want change (but doesn't every new election bring out candidates that want change?) I am not a Hilary fan at all, and I am not interested in free heath care and my taxes going up to help pay for it. I am a hard worker- even when I had cancer, I continued to work to keep my health care because I knew if I didn't work, I wasn't going to be able to afford my surgeries and treatments! (Total bill for 2 surgeries, over 20 blood draws and my radioactive treatments... Over 20k! How much I paid... $10)!

So I am all for change, just not my taxes and health care!

Lauren,

that also shows the type person you are and what work ethic you have.... kudos! :thumbsup:

may i ask... do you have private health insurance (aka. Blue cross blue shield, aetna, cigna, United healthcare) or do you have goverment provided health insurance (Tricare, etc)?

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Regardless of who wins, I am totally against "Universal Healthcare" or any other name given to a governmentally run healthcare system. I have a good friend from England (where everything is "free" and 60% of adults sit at home waiting on their government checks every month) and he will never go back to such a screwed up system. How about waiting for a doctor's appointment 10 days when you have the flu? How about going to the emergency room with a broken arm and being sent home to come back in 48 hours? Both are things that happened to him personally.

Be careful what you wish for America. Has anybody noticed how badly screwed up everything else is that the government runs? Who in their right mind would want them running their medical care? Look at all of the welfare recipients. Look at the idiots that sit home and wait on a government check instead of contributing to the good of society. We should have contempt for these people.

I say we abolish the current welfare state. Government should not be paying people to stay home. Government should not be paying able bodied people for ANYTHING. Americans need to get off of their collective asses and get to work. I have ZERO sympathy for those who make idiotic choice after idiotic choice and expect ME to pay for it.

Let's take care of those who TRULY need it. Let's take care of the elderly folks that have contributed to making this country the best in the world. Let's boot those hanging on the government tit.

The weak perish and the strong survive. Why is it that mankind is the only animal that does not subscribe to the most basic law of nature?

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Regardless of who wins, I am totally against "Universal Healthcare" or any other name given to a governmentally run healthcare system. I have a good friend from England (where everything is "free" and 60% of adults sit at home waiting on their government checks every month) and he will never go back to such a screwed up system. How about waiting for a doctor's appointment 10 days when you have the flu? How about going to the emergency room with a broken arm and being sent home to come back in 48 hours? Both are things that happened to him personally.

Be careful what you wish for America. Has anybody noticed how badly screwed up everything else is that the government runs? Who in their right mind would want them running their medical care? Look at all of the welfare recipients. Look at the idiots that sit home and wait on a government check instead of contributing to the good of society. We should have contempt for these people.

I say we abolish the current welfare state. Government should not be paying people to stay home. Government should not be paying able bodied people for ANYTHING. Americans need to get off of their collective asses and get to work. I have ZERO sympathy for those who make idiotic choice after idiotic choice and expect ME to pay for it.

Let's take care of those who TRULY need it. Let's take care of the elderly folks that have contributed to making this country the best in the world. Let's boot those hanging on the government tit.

The weak perish and the strong survive. Why is it that mankind is the only animal that does not subscribe to the most basic law of nature?

Man, I knew I liked you in a man-to-man, friendly, pat you on the shoulder sort of way....:lol:

Welfare/Medicaid = :thumbsdow

Universal healthcare = :thumbsdow

Lazy Americans = :thumbsdow

Help the elderly and retired military = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If EVERYONE who could work WOULD work then the tax burden on EACH of us would decrease substantially as more people would be paying in.

I'm all for taxes and all when they're FAIR..... but when my tax dollars go for a paycheck to those that sit on their cans all day and let their teeth rot out because they're even too lazy to brush their teeth... I have a problem with that and getting up to go work my tail off day after day for them to enjoy not working!!!!!

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
We absolutely owe those who need it the help they need. The key word here is need. (Many in our country have a real problem distinguishing between "want" and "need")

We absolutely owe the retirees and the elderly in our country their benefits. They earned them fair and square.

We owe those illegally here NOTHING but a free ride back where they came from. I have total respect for those who enter our country legally.

I work for my money. I make a good living. I have nice things. Nobody has given me a thing. If I can do it, so can anybody else that is willing to get up and do it. I support and encourage anybody who tries... truly tries.

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
Lauren,

that also shows the type person you are and what work ethic you have.... kudos! :thumbsup:

may i ask... do you have private health insurance (aka. Blue cross blue shield, aetna, cigna, United healthcare) or do you have goverment provided health insurance (Tricare, etc)?
Thanks. I work hard for my money so I can have a nice home, good food and good health care when I need it. The issue I have with Universal Healthcare, yes it sounds wonderful, but there is so much room for abuse and misuse. I don't mind helping, but I can't stand people who abuse welfare and such. Universal Health care is just ASKING for trouble.

I had Blue Cross Blue Shield and they are excellent! My new job currently has Harvard Pilgrim and they aren't as good as Blue Cross. They just have higher co-pays and such, but still.

On the Canadian side, I know a woman who also had the same cancer and surgeries I had and though I opted to wait a bit longer for a great surgeon who specialized in my cancer, she had to wait longer and had a few complications, partially due to the system in Canada.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,700 Posts
I guess one thing to consider is obviously both candidates say stuff to get elected, that's the nature of the beast. But once they are elected do you think they will be able to do half the stuff they say? Idealy as much as Universal health care sounds good we all know its not the best. People will abuse it. For example people will go in for things they don't really need to go in for, like the common cold etc.

I'm generally towards Obama but I also like some of the libertarian doctrine and independent doctrines as well. So maybe a hybrid of those and some democratic policies.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
ECHO, I agree with your assumption that none of them will get done 10% of what they claim going in.

The pool of candidates gets a little worse each election.

I say everybody vote the way you feel is best... but everybody please take the time to vote. Otherwise, you have no right to complain.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
No offense CorCamry, but Cynthia McKinney scares the crap out of me. She is rather "out there".

Sorry about the doubled up post.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
No offense CorCamry, but Cynthia McKinney scares the crap out of me. She is rather "out there".

Sorry about the doubled up post.

agreed.

ann coulter?

hey, check out that link that VMax cited in his post.... very cool to know the straight up differences between candidates.

if you believe in abortion, vote Obama
if you want your guns to be taken away from you, vote Obama
if you want illegal aliens to recieve social security benefits, vote Obama.
if you want to sell your home, profit, and have to pay 28% tax, vote Obama.
If you invest in the stock market, get dividends, and want increased taxes on them............................guess who to vote for?
and if you want crappy socialized health care for everybody and pay higher taxes because of it...... vote for Barack Hussein Obama and NOT John Sidney McCain

by all means, if you want those things to happen, vote for Obama/Biden 08.... but personally, I don't!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 10475 Posts