Toyota Nation Forum banner

9721 - 9740 of 9846 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
All politicians shit on the Constitution and try and twist it to fit their personal beliefs or agenda. Both political parties also act like babies when they don't get their way.

Case in point: When former Republican Governor Scott Walker lost his reelection bid in 2018, the Republican-controlled state legislature was called in for a special session. At that session, the Republicans who controlled our state government- with Scott Walker's blessing, passed several hastily written laws that significantly restricted the new Democrat Governor and State Attorney General's power. They lost the election-so they tried to rewrite our laws- changing them so that a significant amount of power was shifted from the governor and attorney general to the Republican-controlled legislature.

Republicans in Congress are mostly turning a blind eye at the power grab that Trump is making when he feels that it is within his authority to reallocate funds to pay for his border wall. A border wall that Congress specifically chose not to fund. Our Constitution is clear- Congress has the power of the purse... not the president. Allowing the president to reallocate funds to whatever he wants demonstrates a significant shift of power under the Constitution- not one that our founders ever intended. Worse, it sets a dangerous precedent for the future. Will you be okay with a Democrat president who takes money from FEMA to fund an element of Obamacare that Congress specifically chose not to fund?

Lastly, I'm interested in your statement that claims that I've lied about the president. Can you provide a specific example of me lying about Trump?
And you're awful quiet on FDR creating all of these special departments that made gov't bigger, and with little power to duo much (back then, but they're causing problems today). Those departments were not included in the Constitution, and are unwarranted, and unnecessary, but to help the gov't grow bigger.

Honestly I'm more worried about a Democrat coming into office to take away my guns, by making the 2nd amendment disappear, as has already been reported on earlier this year.

The only problem with that line of thinking is that FEMA is broke, and so is Obamacare.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sorry, but term limits START in your state. You have to get enough signatures to make a start for a bill, then it has to get passed before it goes on the ballot. Then the voters have to vote yes/no on it before it can take effect. (basic civics lesson). Michigan has term limits. 2 terms for gov't offices. Doesn't matter if it's Tlaib's seat, or the governors seat. About the only place it doesn't apply is city offices or township offices, and for judges.
Here in Illinois that is next to impossible. Would need to change state constitution and need 60% of state lawmakers to agree to it just to put the measure on the ballot in next election. Not likely to happen in this state. I also think that only 3 measures can be put on a ballot at a time. In the past when a tough reform proposal came up other proposals magically appeared on the ballot instead.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here in Illinois that is next to impossible. Would need to change state constitution and need 60% of state lawmakers to agree to it just to put the measure on the ballot in next election. Not likely to happen in this state. I also think that only 3 measures can be put on a ballot at a time. In the past when a tough reform proposal came up other proposals magically appeared on the ballot instead.
Yup, probably to save printing costs.
Sounds like you're screwed, as you know Congress won't vote to limit their time in office. It would force them to start stealing immediately, and cosying up to lobbyists as soon as possible. They're ALL greedy bastards, doesn't matter which side of the isle they're on.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yup, probably to save printing costs.
Sounds like you're screwed, as you know Congress won't vote to limit their time in office. It would force them to start stealing immediately, and cosying up to lobbyists as soon as possible. They're ALL greedy bastards, doesn't matter which side of the isle they're on.
Yep, we are screwed. 2 big income tax hikes since 2011 and state liabilities increased dramatically. Now the state wants another income tax increase. Governor promised property tax relief while campaigning. No sign of it, what a surprise. However he did increase the multiplication factor for teachers pensions, which are paid for by property taxes.
Just hoping to last here until full retirement.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All politicians shit on the Constitution and try and twist it to fit their personal beliefs or agenda. Both political parties also act like babies when they don't get their way.
You just described yourself more than you described ALL politicians.

Can you provide a specific example of me lying about Trump?
You want me to go through the mountain of crap you post in order to find one undigested piece of corn. You hate the guy, and it's all based on lies that you happily swallow down to the last drop.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The interviewer is another lying asshole leftist. According to him Donald Trump is anti-free speech while he is a perfect example of how the left likes to project what they're doing onto others.

Anti-free speech is a platform wholly owned by the left.

Never heard Kevin O'Leary speak before, but what an intellectual treasure.

·
7,424 Posts
I agree, Reason is far from a conservative outlet anymore. Tragic really. He also has completely swallowed Trump as a Racist and he should be ashamed. It doesn't take much "reason" to see how recently Trump was a beacon to the leaders of the black community, and how quickly he became a "racist" once he decided to run.

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
And you're awful quiet on FDR creating all of these special departments that made gov't bigger, and with little power to duo much (back then, but they're causing problems today). Those departments were not included in the Constitution, and are unwarranted, and unnecessary, but to help the gov't grow bigger.

Honestly I'm more worried about a Democrat coming into office to take away my guns, by making the 2nd amendment disappear, as has already been reported on earlier this year.

The only problem with that line of thinking is that FEMA is broke, and so is Obamacare.
I was not alive for FDR- not even close. I do agree that the man significantly expanded the office of the executive and the power of the office. He also significantly increased the size of government. The man was corrupt and power-hungry to say the least (court packing, anyone)...

With all of that said, I can't change history- especially history that was made significantly before I was born. I can have a say and play my part in current events and the history that is being made today. I've paid close attention to politics since I turned 18. I really started paying attention to politics in 2011 when Scott Walker was elected as governor in my state and fucked with public employees.

I'm curious- you are so afraid of a Democrat taking away your guns... I'm wondering why. Obama was in the White House for eight years and didn't take away your guns. Democrats had complete control over Congress and the White House from 2009-2010 and didn't take a single gun away. Realistically, even if Democrats got control over both the House and the Senate- and the White House in 2020- you can rest assured that the NRA and millions of Americans would sue the shit out of the government- and the Supreme Court- with its conservative majority- would overturn almost any law that restricted the 2nd Amendment.

Are you worried about Beto O'Rourke forcing you to turn in your guns to the government because of his recent statements? Those statements were nothing more than a desparate plea from someone who can't seem to get much traction for his presidential campaign. The last time I checked he was pretty low in the rankings- with only about 2% of Democrats supporting his campaign. He either could have bowed out- or try to ruffle a few feathers to get ahead in the polls. He tried to ruffle feathers... and it didn't work.

Democrats might bitch and moan about mass shootings and threaten to "do something" about guns "if you just elect them". If they do get a majority of both houses and the White House- do you know what will happen? They'll be stuck with the sad reality that they got what they wanted- and can't deliver. Republicans bitched and moaned about Obamacare for ten years- and promised that if only they gained control- they'd get rid of it. Well, they got their chance in 2017-2018... and faced the sad reality that if they actually delivered on their promise to get rid of Obamacare- they'd piss people off and be responsible for kicking people off of their healthcare plans. They were fucked if they do, fucked if they don't. They had their magical opportunity- and couldn't get it done. Democrats would be in the same boat if they actually did something to restrict guns. They'd be taken to the cleaners in the next election and lose by a landslide. They might pass a token bill to make it look like they did something- but ultimately no real change would occur. If they gain the majority and the White House- they won't fuck it up like they did with Obamacare- which sent a whole lot of them packing in the 2010 election.

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
You just described yourself more than you described ALL politicians.
Again, a personal attack rather than a substantial response.

You want me to go through the mountain of crap you post in order to find one undigested piece of corn. You hate the guy, and it's all based on lies that you happily swallow down to the last drop.
I noticed that you didn't provide a single example of me lying about President Trump. Not one single example. Could it be that I'm not lying- and that I'm just providing an alternative viewpoint of his actions/character?

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
So, do those numbers include the 21.8 Billion given to help illegal aliens (sorry I ment Undocumented Democrats according to UCLA)? Or the money the Fed gives to support Sanctuary cities? I saw that Wisconsin was #2 on that list, does that mean your stare gets less money back than California for every dollar sent in? I know here in Michigan it used to be 89 cents back for every sent.
Yes, my state ranks low in terms of their return on their federal tax dollars. Looking at the data- it would be interesting to know how Virginia and Maryland's funding is broken down. Being so close to Washington D.C., I'm sure that there are many federal offices and related items in those states that might be responsible for why those two states get more than the rest of us. It would be interesting to see how they would rank without money allocated for those things.

As for the 21.8 billion that UCLA says is given to help illegal immigrants- I searched for what you are talking about and I didn't find anything. Do you have a link that I could use so I can read up on the issue?

As for the money that the federal government gives to "sanctuary cities", I don't believe that "sanctuary cities" receive any more- or any less- than any other city. To my knowledge, I don't think that the federal government differentiates funding based on how a city handles its illegal immigrant population. Don't get me wrong- there are many cases where "sanctuary cities" have applied for federal grants- and have been approved- but their approval or the decision of whether or not they are given those grants has nothing to do with the fact that they are, or aren't, "sanctuary cities". Lots of cities get those grants- some are, and some aren't "sanctuary cities".

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,643 Posts
Dems are allergic to using their own money. They gotta use others. Okay I get that's majority of politicians but we know the dems are more culprits.

Makes you wonder where the members are stealing the money from for dues. Let alone the contribution to the DCCC to get points. I like that AOC said she wasn't going to pay her dues (shows her support). I guess she thinks she doesn't need to, since she's become the mouth piece of the DNC in the media. I guess she already knows she's 1 and done.
One can only hope! She has an amazing contender waiting to take her seat. Then again any door nob off the street can beat AOC.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Again, a personal attack rather than a substantial response.
Not a personal attack at all to simply state the truth. You feed your poison to the students and suggest that you present an unbiased approach to teaching. Not only do you deceive them, but yourself in making such statements.

I noticed that you didn't provide a single example of me lying about President Trump. Not one single example. Could it be that I'm not lying- and that I'm just providing an alternative viewpoint of his actions/character?
Go look through your posts about him; plenty of examples in your incessant attacks on him. It's people like yourself who are giving support to those who are actually shitting on the constitution.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yes, my state ranks low in terms of their return on their federal tax dollars. Looking at the data- it would be interesting to know how Virginia and Maryland's funding is broken down. Being so close to Washington D.C., I'm sure that there are many federal offices and related items in those states that might be responsible for why those two states get more than the rest of us. It would be interesting to see how they would rank without money allocated for those things.

As for the 21.8 billion that UCLA says is given to help illegal immigrants- I searched for what you are talking about and I didn't find anything. Do you have a link that I could use so I can read up on the issue?

As for the money that the federal government gives to "sanctuary cities", I don't believe that "sanctuary cities" receive any more- or any less- than any other city. To my knowledge, I don't think that the federal government differentiates funding based on how a city handles its illegal immigrant population. Don't get me wrong- there are many cases where "sanctuary cities" have applied for federal grants- and have been approved- but their approval or the decision of whether or not they are given those grants has nothing to do with the fact that they are, or aren't, "sanctuary cities". Lots of cities get those grants- some are, and some aren't "sanctuary cities".
I think Michigan is 24th from the bottom of the list, or 26th from the top depending on which way you look at it. I do agree that states with federal offices get more money, and when you add military bases, that means more military money. However, California taxes their citizens for more than just income taxes. They tax them on almost everything else, because the state needs the money, because of state pension plans that are almost what they send into the fed gov't. I believe the top 3 cities in California were the top 3 in the USA that were seriously under funded (pension plans).
The 21.8 Billion is from an older chart located here below. It's a USA map showing the cost of illegals.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwu7VqyUUAA7spi?format=jpg&name=small not UCLA. The UCLA was a reference that they made about illegal aliens, being called "undocumented Democrats" from a month ago. They were trying to be Politically Correct. It was a link from a different thread in the off topic forum, that you don't normally comment in.
As for what sanctuary cities get, no one has done any research in the news to let the rest of America know how much the real cost is. I'd bet the American people might not like the amount of money being spent though. So do you feel it's right to give illegal aliens "free healthcare"? Or should they be deported, because they didn't follow the rules for correct entrance into this country?

·
Mr. Roo
10,910 Posts
More probable that he, like most people, wouldn't consider such a task worth their limited time and energy to go through your extensive posts and form detailed replies, and instead are just "reduced" to short snappy responses, be it insulting or not. Arguing politics is generally useless IMO, as people rarely ever change their mind or opinion. So why bother? I'm sure that what you write on here are valid viewpoints, but heck if I have time to read all of that, much less the energy to try and invest and respond. IDK how you have the time/energy for it lol. Politics are quite exhausting to me, and I have plenty of things I consider more worth my time than bothering in this thread usually.

·
Registered
797 Posts

I think Michigan is 24th from the bottom of the list, or 26th from the top depending on which way you look at it. I do agree that states with federal offices get more money, and when you add military bases, that means more military money. However, California taxes their citizens for more than just income taxes. They tax them on almost everything else, because the state needs the money, because of state pension plans that are almost what they send into the fed gov't. I believe the top 3 cities in California were the top 3 in the USA that were seriously under funded (pension plans).
The 21.8 Billion is from an older chart located here below. It's a USA map showing the cost of illegals.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwu7VqyUUAA7spi?format=jpg&name=small not UCLA. The UCLA was a reference that they made about illegal aliens, being called "undocumented Democrats" from a month ago. They were trying to be Politically Correct. It was a link from a different thread in the off topic forum, that you don't normally comment in.
As for what sanctuary cities get, no one has done any research in the news to let the rest of America know how much the real cost is. I'd bet the American people might not like the amount of money being spent though. So do you feel it's right to give illegal aliens "free healthcare"? Or should they be deported, because they didn't follow the rules for correct entrance into this country?

Double post that can be removed. See above.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I was not alive for FDR- not even close. I do agree that the man significantly expanded the office of the executive and the power of the office. He also significantly increased the size of government. The man was corrupt and power-hungry to say the least (court packing, anyone)...

With all of that said, I can't change history- especially history that was made significantly before I was born. I can have a say and play my part in current events and the history that is being made today. I've paid close attention to politics since I turned 18. I really started paying attention to politics in 2011 when Scott Walker was elected as governor in my state and fucked with public employees.

I'm curious- you are so afraid of a Democrat taking away your guns... I'm wondering why. Obama was in the White House for eight years and didn't take away your guns. Democrats had complete control over Congress and the White House from 2009-2010 and didn't take a single gun away. Realistically, even if Democrats got control over both the House and the Senate- and the White House in 2020- you can rest assured that the NRA and millions of Americans would sue the shit out of the government- and the Supreme Court- with its conservative majority- would overturn almost any law that restricted the 2nd Amendment.

Are you worried about Beto O'Rourke forcing you to turn in your guns to the government because of his recent statements? Those statements were nothing more than a desparate plea from someone who can't seem to get much traction for his presidential campaign. The last time I checked he was pretty low in the rankings- with only about 2% of Democrats supporting his campaign. He either could have bowed out- or try to ruffle a few feathers to get ahead in the polls. He tried to ruffle feathers... and it didn't work.

Democrats might bitch and moan about mass shootings and threaten to "do something" about guns "if you just elect them". If they do get a majority of both houses and the White House- do you know what will happen? They'll be stuck with the sad reality that they got what they wanted- and can't deliver. Republicans bitched and moaned about Obamacare for ten years- and promised that if only they gained control- they'd get rid of it. Well, they got their chance in 2017-2018... and faced the sad reality that if they actually delivered on their promise to get rid of Obamacare- they'd piss people off and be responsible for kicking people off of their healthcare plans. They were fucked if they do, fucked if they don't. They had their magical opportunity- and couldn't get it done. Democrats would be in the same boat if they actually did something to restrict guns. They'd be taken to the cleaners in the next election and lose by a landslide. They might pass a token bill to make it look like they did something- but ultimately no real change would occur. If they gain the majority and the White House- they won't fuck it up like they did with Obamacare- which sent a whole lot of them packing in the 2010 election.
Neither was I, but I've done some history research (reading) to know that he created some of the extra offices as a way to consolidate power. Since those offices started off with little to no power, it wasn't a big deal. But as time went on, it had serious effects on how Congress ran the country, as it took us away from the Constitution.

Honestly, I'm not worried about the gov't taking away my guns. There are plenty in this country to keep that from happening. However, when the Democratic house and senate say that when we get a Democrat in the office of President that they will push him to use an EO to force the removal of guns (like Trump used for taking money from the DOD to build the wall), then I start to question my "supposed leaders". Kind of like San Fran declaring that the NRA is a terrorist organization. It's not. It for business purposes to help the gun lobby support the 2nd amendment. It doesn't support youth shooting activities any more like it did in the past. Which is a real shame.

Like you, I kind of kept an eye on politics after I turned 18, but wasn't active (still not), as I'd go vote for who I liked, and didn't care about political party. I still don't, as I'm an independent, who votes for the best guy/gal that can do the job. I'd like to see the Feds declare Antifa a terrorist organization though.

As far as Beto goes, he should just drop out. He doesn't have enough support, and he's already gotten what little of a message he had out. He's not adding anything new, and if he does, so are the others. They'll just keep burying him though, and that's why they're running, so that they can whittle the field down.

9721 - 9740 of 9846 Posts
About this Discussion
9.8K Replies
137 Participants
98CamryLE
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing