Toyota Nation Forum banner

9741 - 9760 of 9850 Posts

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
Not a personal attack at all to simply state the truth. You feed your poison to the students and suggest that you present an unbiased approach to teaching. Not only do you deceive them, but yourself in making such statements.

Go look through your posts about him; plenty of examples in your incessant attacks on him. It's people like yourself who are giving support to those who are actually shitting on the constitution.
Since you refuse to actually cite evidence of your claims that I am a liar and that I'm poisoning students, I don't think there is much more to discuss. You disagree with my perspective on President Trump. Message received.

Ultimately, the 1st Amendment is still alive and well on this forum. People are free to share their beliefs and question government officials. That 1st Amendment is part of what makes America great. If you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them.

It's really easy to ignore someone's posts. Just click on their name next to their post- one of the options is to "ignore". Easy peasy.

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
However, when the Democratic house and senate say that when we get a Democrat in the office of President that they will push him to use an EO to force the removal of guns (like Trump used for taking money from the DOD to build the wall), then I start to question my "supposed leaders". Kind of like San Fran declaring that the NRA is a terrorist organization. It's not. It for business purposes to help the gun lobby support the 2nd amendment. It doesn't support youth shooting activities any more like it did in the past. Which is a real shame.
1. I pity the idiotic president that tries to take guns away via an executive order. They will learn very quickly that America will not stand for such foolish things. That said- it is a slippery slope that Trump (and other presidents) have sometimes gone down. If you push the limits of the power of the EO, you have to be willing to accept a similar action by a future president of the opposite political party. I highly doubt that a Democrat would seriously consider taking away guns once in the Oval Office. Saying it during the primary season is one thing- actually doing it would be political suicide. I could see them pushing for more comprehensive background checks, maybe restricting some types of guns or ammunition, but I can't see them actually forcing people to give them up at the federal level.

San Francisco was stupid to call the NRA a terrorist organization. It was foolish, childish, and even worse, it made them lose credibility. Republicans likely would argue that they no longer had any credibility anyway- but for some more moderate liberals- they lose respect/credibility when they make such stupid statements.

As far as Beto goes, he should just drop out. He doesn't have enough support, and he's already gotten what little of a message he had out. He's not adding anything new, and if he does, so are the others. They'll just keep burying him though, and that's why they're running, so that they can whittle the field down.
I personally thought that Beto would have done better based on his performance in 2018... but he stumbled out of the gate and his campaign never really gathered much steam. Now he's doing desparate things to try and stand out and gain some name recognition... and it's not working. I give him another month or two before he throws in the towel.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
1. I pity the idiotic president that tries to take guns away via an executive order. They will learn very quickly that America will not stand for such foolish things. That said- it is a slippery slope that Trump (and other presidents) have sometimes gone down. If you push the limits of the power of the EO, you have to be willing to accept a similar action by a future president of the opposite political party.

A few years back Harry Reid exercised the nuclear option. For some reason he thought it would not get taken any further. I thought it was a very foolish maneuver that would backfire tremendously. In my opinion it did and is a huge reason the country is at a political standstill. No one wants to really negotiate anymore because the possibility of a few flipped seats (either way) could change the party in power. In that case they would look weak for negotiating.

As you said a slippery slope.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Since you refuse to actually cite evidence of your claims that I am a liar and that I'm poisoning students, I don't think there is much more to discuss. You disagree with my perspective on President Trump. Message received.

Ultimately, the 1st Amendment is still alive and well on this forum. People are free to share their beliefs and question government officials. That 1st Amendment is part of what makes America great. If you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them.

It's really easy to ignore someone's posts. Just click on their name next to their post- one of the options is to "ignore". Easy peasy.
BINGO! We ought to bookmark your reply and keep it at the ready for the next time we get what I call a "drive-by" poster who drops in out of nowhere and takes shots at people here for being haters, etc. We haven't had one in a while, but give it time. There was a guy a few days ago who posted a complaint to Vertical Scope in the support forum regarding this specific thread, but I'll give him credit that when I presented the same case you did above he agreed that walking away from something he felt controversial or otherwise bad was his best option.

Freedom of speech, baby, never let it die!

·
Camry Freak
1,030 Posts
While I like the idea of moving the U.S. out of the Middle East, I can't help but wonder what might have happened if President Obama had invited the Taliban to Camp David within a week of the anniversary of 9/11?

Anyway- it's another example of the turbulence and frequent changeover of staff within the Trump White House. I suppose that's the price you pay when the president demands that his cabinet is filled with "yes men".

·
7,424 Posts
I think the high turnover is indicative that he is not looking for a yes man alone. He wants a competent man who is on board with his administrations policy direction. Bolton is an outspoken hawk. For better or worse Trump takes killing others VERY seriously. I admire him being enough of a leader to not just defer and start wars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
While I like the idea of moving the U.S. out of the Middle East, I can't help but wonder what might have happened if President Obama had invited the Taliban to Camp David within a week of the anniversary of 9/11?
It would have depended on how he did it. It's not the person that matters, but rather what they do. Judge the action, not the name. If he had done so I would at least have held hopes that something good was to come of it. Sometimes enemies need to be dealt with in different ways and while I suspect that no peace talks are ever going anywhere positive with at least a percentage of ones enemies, while we're still breathing it's always worth looking for ways to improve the permanently tenuous peace.

Anyway- it's another example of the turbulence and frequent changeover of staff within the Trump White House. I suppose that's the price you pay when the president demands that his cabinet is filled with "yes men".
There you go again, pretending that Obama did anything other than try to surround himself with yes-men and that Trump has extended olive branches only to see them hit with flame throwers. Lots of chances handed out to people with no intentions of working with Trump, which has been the exact reason for so many changes.

·
7,767 Posts
These global or US syndicate news outlets WILL do what is necessary to redeem some trust. At the end of the day, they are a tool for social engineering and population control. Most people dont use their brains for much other than operating some machinery without hurting someone. At the end of the day, Editors selected to lead these news agencies have a narrative they need to herd with.
If freedom of speech was a media reality, it would be illegal.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,643 Posts

·
7,767 Posts
If you want to know more about the actual evidence on 911 you'll want to read the book by Christopher Lee Bollyn titled Solving 911

9741 - 9760 of 9850 Posts
About this Discussion
9.8K Replies
137 Participants
Corrolla clone
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing