Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum but would appreciate some help. I have a 2010 Venza with standard stereo set up (not jbl). I would like to replace the front speakers with the Polk MM 6x9. Crutchfield says they won't fit because the tweeter sticks out too much. I have seen many posts about successful Polk DB 6x9 installs. Has anyone had success installing the Polk MM 6x9 in the front door of a Venza?

·
2011 Venza
2,962 Posts
They also say that the DB's won't, fit as I recall. That is why you cut the cone out of the old speaker, mount the new speaker to the back of it and then mount it on the door. There are photos of this on the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking time to post. I know I could squeeze the DB in there. It is the extra half inch mounting height on the MM that I don't know about. I may go with the db and call it a day. Or Focal.
Also looking for a good place to put a small sub without losing trunk/hatch. I wonder where they put it in the JBL setup?

·
2011 Venza
2,962 Posts
Buy them both and return whatever doesn't fit. As for subwoofers, here is one solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts