Toyota Nation Forum banner

Do you like the 2015 Camry design more or less than 12-14' Camry"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 2121 Posts

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
Didn't Toyota USA's block party drive up Camry sales in the neighborhood?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/collin-county/2014/10/27/toyota-throws-block-party-for-plano/18029377/
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/27/toyota-says-hello-texas-with-a-big-party/

Speaking of which, I wonder if David went to the block party.
I believe that party was to give appreciation to Toyota for moving their North America (National) Headquarters to Plano, TX, which is expected to have a direct impact of $7.2 Billion specific to Plano. Many national headquarters are located here in Plano. I doubt the party created any new car sales to speak of. (I didn't even know about it!) Around here (75093) a hefty percentage of people drive Lexus, BMW, M-B, Jaguar, Telsa and Bentley, and their fun cars are Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and McClaren. You see far more Lexus, BMW and M-Bs vehicles than Toyotas.

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
... nope. :)
There are a lot of "A-list" cars in DFW, but if you would combine all rollas, camrys, tacos, tundras, rav4s, 4 runners etc. they will easily outweigh mercs, beemers, lexes and other "fancy" cars.
Around here (75093) a hefty percentage of people drive Lexus, BMW, M-B, Jaguar, Telsa and Bentley, and their fun cars are Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and McClaren. You see far more Lexus, BMW and M-Bs vehicles than Toyotas.
Around here "In West Plano (75093)" ...

Hell, I have a neighbor that has two (2) Bentleys!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
So far I've seen only two 2015 on the road and in both case it happened right next to a dealership, so most likely both of them were "test drive" mules. What strange is that I have not seen any newly purchased 14 Camry in a while, but I see a lot of "paper tagged" Altimas and Accords.
I still see a lot of 2014.5s with dealer plates around my area together with Altima's and Accords. The dealer where I bought my 2014.5 barely had stocks of 2014/2014.5 and right now their inventory of 2015 is almost doubled of those 2014.5.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I still see a lot of 2014.5s with dealer plates around my area together with Altima's and Accords. The dealer where I bought my 2014.5 barely had stocks of 2014/2014.5 and right now their inventory of 2015 is almost doubled of those 2014.5.
Funny, the dealer where I got mine is the opposite...they still have a lot of the 14 SE's that were there the day I bought mine. Their stock of 15's (there was one there when I was buying) has finally started to grow.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Around here "In West Plano (75093)" ...

Hell, I have a neighbor that has two (2) Bentleys!
Well, your neighbors may drive Bentleys and Martins only, but every time I drive by Willow Bend, take Park, Parker, Preston, NDTT, I see a lot of 15- 30K cars and a very few 80-100K+ "Brits and Germans".

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Almost 800 New 2015 Camry vehicles in this dealer's inventory

And I haven't see a single 2015 Camry on the road!
And 75% of them exist on the paper only. :)
They might be allocated or scheduled to arrive in the next 3-4 month, but no way in hell they can fit so many cars on their "midget" lot, bull pan and even old Par Place lot.
T.of Plano is the biggest lair around, so I wound put any trust in their "figures". T. of Fort Worth and Pat Lobb and probably even T.of Lewisville outsells them year after year no matter how many times Plano managers would call themselves the biggest Toyota retailers in DFW. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
And 75% of them exist on the paper only. :)
They might be allocated or scheduled to arrive in the next 3-4 month, but no way in hell they can fit so many cars on their "midget" lot, bull pan and even old Par Place lot.
T.of Plano is the biggest lair around, so I wound put any trust in their "figures". T. of Fort Worth and Pat Lobb and probably even T.of Lewisville outsells them year after year no matter how many times Plano managers would call themselves the biggest Toyota retailers in DFW. :)

Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney claims to have 700 new 2015 Camry vehicles.

Toyota of Fort Worth claims to have over 600 new 2015 Camry vehicles.

So...I don't know what is going on with the inventory these dealerships are claiming to have.

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
I saw my first 2015 Camry today - it was a hybrid.

141 - 160 of 2121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
147 Participants
hardtopte72
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing