Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last autox I attended there was a guy with this interesting sort of belt thing on his seat. I was curious, so I asked him about it. It was called a torso belt and it basically acts to stabilize the driver during cornering.

Such a simple idea, but I'd never really thought about it. However, seeing it I just thought it was a cool idea, and ideal for me because I don't want to install a full harness in my daily driver.

$16 at solo performance. Such a simple idea, but man it really helps your stability. I tried it on on the way home from work and was surprised at how much it helped me feel the car moving, because I wasn't moving around. I also discovered that I apparently am fidgety when driving, cause I kept finding myself try to move and be restrained.

There's another thing I'm thinking about getting called a CG lock. It clips onto your lap belt to prevent it from spooling out, thus helping stabilize the lower portion of your body.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Good stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
looks cool and definitely a great alternative for anyone who doesn't want to lay down the cash or have the look of a full race harness. :)

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
That's a pretty cool alternative. That would have never crossed my mind.

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be noted that this is more for stability than safety. Given the material, design, and how you wear it, if you were to get in an accident it might not restrain you ;)

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Actually it might even do more damage, but for the confines of an auto-x, it should be quite a safe and nice addition for less than supportive, though comfy daily driver seats...might get one for the echo as well!

Though you could probably buy the same thing at a camping store or trailer supply store for half the price...

Bob

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
I wouldn't recommend replacing this with your racing harness.. although it would be praticial for practicing i guess.. :D

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Might as well get these duct tape gloves for better grip!

GO BORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts