Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pretty good lock IMO. Lots of info here on this. Do a search for pop and lock and i'm sure you find plenty of info and pics.

I like the looks of mine and seems to be pretty strong. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
183 Posts
tailgate hatch handle

I was just wondering why Toyota did not paint the tailgate hatch to match with the paint color of the truck or match colored door handles if you have a sport version?

Has anybody found factory tailgate hatch handle prepainted? Does X runner come prepainted or is just black?

Thanks

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
Tacolfe said:
Has anyone installed the Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock to secure the tailgate? Just wondering if it is a quality locking system.

Well as far as quality goes it is ok, but as far as security goes it is crap... let me explain.

I was looking through a display of Pop N Lock's at my local auto store and I grabbed a Tacoma one, looked through the package and saw the same key # code as my key #J226. I grabbed another Tacoma lock and it too had the same key code? Then I looked through other models and found that there were only about 8 different key codes and I then found my key code on a Ford Ranger Pop N Lock.:wtf:

You say no big deal? no one would just try their keys in someones tailgate?

The key code is also printed on the outer edge of the Pop N Lock. Someone could just look through a mall parking lot until their Pop N Lock key matches someone elses.

And the next two people who buy a Tacoma Pop N Lock from this store will access to my tailgate as well:confused:

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Well, you may have to find another place to store your gold bricks.

If a thief really wants to spend $250 on Pop n Locks to "collect all 8 keys" so be it.

I just didn't want my tailgate to get stolen easily. I don't think anything besides a good 2-way car alarm is good theft protection. Nothing stays in my truck.

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
boone said:
If a thief really wants to spend $250 on Pop n Locks to "collect all 8 keys" so be it.
No, the thief would just steal all the keys as well as our goods.

I know it's not great protection but it's better than nothing.

Maybe I'll buff off the key code on the lock itself. Naa to much work...

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
my pop n' lock works great, ws kinda worried about some people complaining about the low qualities of pop n' locks. If properly installed i can't see how it would fall apart like some where complaining about. It looks real stock too because i removed the pop n' lock sticker, If a theif really wants to steal my tonneau or my bed extender nothing will stop him. Pop n' lock just keeps honest people honest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.