Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Pop n Lock tailgate lock yesterday, without much trouble. I wasn't impressed with the build quality of the lock though, as one of the two pin/bolts came off as I was putting the nut on it. Luckily, I was able to get it on securely, and to my satisfaction. Makes me wonder just how long this lock will stay on before I see it bouncing down the road behind me.

·
The Manual Is Your Friend
121 Posts
They are cheap pieces of crap. I had one on my 01 Taco and wasn't impressed. I am looking elsewhere for my 06 tailgate lock.

~Dano

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Some company should make a locking latch that replaces the whole stock latch, but attaches to the linkage.

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
I have only used my lock a few times and already the key hardly works. Recently the key will not even go into the lock. Anyone else have this problem? At least it is a dealer installed accessory so they can warranty it.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
WOW!! I've been actually thinking of getting a Pop & Lock. I think ya'll just made up my mind for me. Shit, for $35.00, you would think you would get some type of quality out of it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got a Pod&Lock for my last truck and I never fully installed it.

I didn't like the looks of it when it came (internet order) but after having it mostly installed I took it out and threw it away.

It was a great idea but a poor execution.

·
2005 Black DC Longbed
53 Posts
My Pop n Lock is giving me 15% more horsepower. I'm keepin' it...

:heart: :heart: :heart:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
outlaw704 said:

:kookoo:

·
One Cool Taco
Double Cab SB
88 Posts
So the pop n lock sucks? That is too bad. Well I guess for now I will do the hose clamp method and wait until I get my shell to secure the tailgate.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chocotaco said:
So the pop n lock sucks? That is too bad. Well I guess for now I will do the hose clamp method and wait until I get my shell to secure the tailgate.
I wouldn't say it sucks. It works fine for me, and I actually don't mind the way it looks. I wasn't expecting a component to fall off of it so easily, that's all. I might check it in the future to make sure it isn't working loose.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine boosts my BS quotient by about 10% daily :D

outlaw704 said:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts