Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and need some help. I've got a 92 2wd 4cyl 5spd pickup that just recently started popping out of gear while driving. It has maybe 5k on a new clutch. It is lifted with spindles and torsion bars in the front and 2' shackles in the rear. I notice that when in gear and coming to a stop the shifter while pop out of gear and it seems almost like its because the motor and tranny are shifting during that time (deceleration). I thought about a new sleeve cylinder because it is kind of hard to get it into gear sometimes but once in gear it should stay there right? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
91 4x4 extracab
608 Posts
there is a 4wheel drive place that sells them search shifter bushings you will find them i think they are like under $20

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked on Marlin crawler and found a shifter seat and shifter socket, are these the parts for the shifter that I need? They're $16 for both.

·
Languishing in Virginia
1994 XtraCab 4x4 P/U
2,026 Posts
I looked on Marlin crawler and found a shifter seat and shifter socket, are these the parts for the shifter that I need? They're $16 for both.

That's it; make sure you get the correct model for your transmission.

·
Languishing in Virginia
1994 XtraCab 4x4 P/U
2,026 Posts
If I'd done that years ago it would have saved me $1200 in transmission repairs...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks. I'm trying to figure out which seat I need, either white or blue? What exactly is a forward shift T case handle? I'm pretty sure the white one is the one I need which is most 1981+ top shift tranny's. Any tips to figure out which one mine takes?

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
That sucks. I'm trying to figure out which seat I need, either white or blue? What exactly is a forward shift T case handle? I'm pretty sure the white one is the one I need which is most 1981+ top shift tranny's. Any tips to figure out which one mine takes?
You don't have a t-case, your truck is 2WD.
If you have a 22R you should have a G series trans, and if it's a 22RE it should be a W series trans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts