Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Camry, 4 cly. LE Two weeks ago I lost power to the radio. It would occasionally come back on (never flicker). The other morning it was on and as I was driving the headlights went out and back on. When I arrived home 3 hours later I was backing into the driveway and the car died. There was NO power to anything. I popped the hood to check the battery which is clean and tight and (about 1 min. after the car died) I heard the open door chime and all power was normal.
I just had it into a reputable auto electric shop. Everything in the car worked perfectly fine when I delivered it and they could not find anything wrong. They told me they checked the grounds and everything was clean and good. There were no code in the computer.
His suggestion was that the body computer had shut down and reset.
Is it possible for a failed body computer to cause the whole car to die and have no power?
What should I be looking for to solve this problem?
Please help, my mother drives this car and I don't want it dying on the road for her.
Thanks,
Stephen

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
1,750 Posts
Please visit this thread. (Yes, it is not the same GEN Camry but, it was interesting!)

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
1,750 Posts
The only thing brings to mind is the famous electrolytic capacitors within the ECM (Electronic Control Module) is something that I experienced a few years back.

Check my thread over the Camry Discussion:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
guapoman2000
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing