Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Radio, this is Unit 91...
1993 Camry LE AT
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://autos.aol.com/article/general/v2/_a/what-is-dealer-holdback/20071118102409990001]

I thought this was an interesting article, if not perfect. It's hard to buy into the advice of a person regarding automobiles who doesn't know the difference between "Infiniti" and Infinity".

Basically just knowing about holdback gives a little leverage when the dealership tries to pull that crap about, "I gotta feed my family". lol

When they lay that line, just let them know that the manufacturer is giving them an incentive, and that they aren't going to lose money on the deal.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
and shame on toyota for doing that.
Why are you singling Toyota out? Care to explain? I'd love to hear an intelligent answer from you for once :lol:

why wouldn't they? they're in the business to make money just like every other car manufacturer out there.
Forgive the guy. Keep in mind this came from a guy who perceived a W16 engine as "a V8 on top of another V8" :rofl2:

·
Registered
'04 Prius
444 Posts
I get paid percentage on the profit made above invoice, if below that I get paid a certain amount. Holdback isn't even talked about in my department although I notice alot of the fleet guys deal with it more. Most dealers won't go into holdback until they're dealing with advertised vehicles and even then losses are written off otherwise its not discussed as its not negotiable for my end of the sales spectrum. just my 2cents but I understand everyone wants to pay the least possible, which is why I actually buy my vehicles at a different dealer.

·
IROC-IT-ALL-NIGHT-LONG
1995 Corolla
348 Posts
Oh, because it's against the forum rules to advertise anything non-toyota and companies that aren't sponsors here, that's why.

"Forgive the guy. Keep in mind this came from a guy who perceived a W16 engine as "a V8 on top of another V8" :rofl2:"

har har har, I perceived something differently than 99% of the world, i'm just as bad as Jesus for it too.

we should forgive you, you take pride in insulting people, hopefully your children aren't like this, if your state allows you to even have kids, that is.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
har har har, I perceived something differently than 99% of the world, i'm just as bad as Jesus for it too.
You're really something if you're even comparing yourself to Jesus. But thanks yet again for another intelligent comment :lol:

we should forgive you, you take pride in insulting people, hopefully your children aren't like this, if your state allows you to even have kids, that is.
Who's "we"? So you're a "plural" now?

I don't take pride in insulting people, but I do take the chance when a poster like you give/allow it (oh so many times) :lol:

And I'm in Canada, so I don't live in a "state." In terms of having kids, hopefully your daughter won't cross paths with me, otherwise my children will have you as a grandpa, which would be even worse :ugh3: I mean, the last thing I ever want is for my kids to learn what a W16 engine is from an ignorant grandfather :rofl2:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Ever watch the Exorcist? :ugh3:
Yup, and the most memorable scene was the "backward spider walk down the stairs" scene. Most people say that was the scariest/creepiest scene in horror films ever, but I find the "puking" scene more creepy and disgusting :ugh3::lol:

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Please keep the discussion on-topic. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am about to buy a 2010 Toyota Sienna (I am aware of the 2011 changes). Besides the $1,000 back what else is the dealer getting on their end? I fielded about 5 calls from dealers yesterday who are hot to sell me a Sienna right now. What are they getting now??? Thanks in advnace.

·
straight cash homie
20,772 Posts
I am about to buy a 2010 Toyota Sienna (I am aware of the 2011 changes). Besides the $1,000 back what else is the dealer getting on their end? I fielded about 5 calls from dealers yesterday who are hot to sell me a Sienna right now. What are they getting now??? Thanks in advnace.
The only people that will know what they are getting is the dealers, since it isn't advertised.

If you wait longer, I guess a month or so when the '11 comes out, that rebate amount will likely go up, but obviously, getting the Sienna the way you want will be harder as well when they start disappearing off the lots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts