Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible to program key fob to open/close drivers window and sunroof ?

·
Registered
'08 RAV4 Limited
532 Posts
I rather doubt that is possible without considerable work. I miss the window roll down feature from my '04 Accord remote. Pity that the RAV can't do it.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
68 Posts
Is this possible to program key fob to open/close drivers window and sunroof ?
I've got a Carista OBD Adapter, along with the iOS app (http://www.caristaapp.com/), and after trying it on my 2016 RAV4 XLE, I've found you can change a lot of the default settings, but opening and closing windows and/or the sunroof is not among the changes you can make.

c ya! :nerd:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My across-the-street high school freshman neighbor who is brilliant and into math and robotics could probably devise something which would do that, but it most likely would involve the installation of some additional hardware.

·
Registered
'08 RAV4 Limited
532 Posts
If you have an aftermarket alarm/remote start with the option to use additional features, you can add a window roll down module to do exactly what you want. Unfortunately using the OEM remote will not be an option.
You're sure of this?

·
2002 Ford Focus SE
5,928 Posts
Fortin remote starts can be set to have 3 clicks off lock on the OEM fob remote start the car. Not sure what it would take with a Fortin or similar to make 3-clicks roll down the windows, but it can probably be done.

·
Toyota Fanatic
1,102 Posts
Fortin remote starts can be set to have 3 clicks off lock on the OEM fob remote start the car. Not sure what it would take with a Fortin or similar to make 3-clicks roll down the windows, but it can probably be done.

This depends on how your OBD2 communicates with your windows. Those Fortin and other datalink RS communicate with your car to listen for the triple lock pulse to RS the car. I believe you can program it to open windows if your windows are fully automatic like Lexus but I haven't had the money to buy a unit and try it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts