Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not me, but my parents. They currently own a 2003 Toyota Sienna Symphony that they're about to sell because they don't really need it. It's just my parents riding around in it. :lol: The money that they get from that, they are going to use to get a Scion xB. I kinda convinced them to get rid of their van & try to get one of these. They're pretty cool looking little micro vans, boxes, whatever. Hahaha!! *Puts on the flame suit.* :lol:

Now to get down to business. Sorry for not using the search button in advance, but I don't really have time to be randomly searching about. I actively participate on 6 other car forums & 2 other anime forums....

As far as mechanical, tranny, electrical components, are any of you having any troubles?

Any common problems with the xBs?

How's the build quality?

How's the gas milieage?

They plan on getting a slushbox..... errrr.... automatic. :p: My parents are leaning towards an xB, but they're not to sure since this is the first model that comes out in the USA even though they sell it as the Toyota bB in Japan. You know how it usually goes with the first generation models....

Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I dont own one, but I did test drive one (I didnt stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night either :p: ) . I was very impressed with it all around. Build quality seems to be as good as other Toyotas. The gas milage is good but most of the owners have not been getting as good as the EPA estimate. The only common problems I have heard of are poor A/C, CD skips, trouble filling up with gas (pump cuts off early), and some minor rattles. I did not notice any of these on my test drive however, it seemed to be a very solid car. It handles great for a box on wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I went & test drove an xB with my parents. They're pretty roomy. It's even more comfortable than the Toyota Sienna!! :eek:

Hmmmm... Poor A/C you say? I didn't test that. This could be bad though. Sometimes we head out to the desert for some fun & it can get very hot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea, the xB has more room inside then about any car I have been in, including larger SUVs. I did not think the A/C was that bad when I test drove it, granted it was not that hot of a day.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
i've never test driven one, just sat in one at the dealership when my aunt went and bought her 04 sienna, and i think tehy're pretty nice cars, i wouldn't mind having one. Those things are amazingly toomy! like u said, feels roomier than a sienna, even the new siennas. However, they have a 105 hp 1NZ-FE (1.5L echo engine) in them, so there might be some lack of power, considering they're getting an auto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Well, my dad doesn't really ever use the motor anyways. He's one of those people that like to cruise up to speed slowly but surely. When I drive their Sienna, he's afraid when I hold the gas & make it up to 5,500 RPM to get on the freeway. He even says, "When I drive it, the motor is lucky to see 3,000 RPM." :lol:

When I test drove the xB, it felt like it had adequate power for what it was with the 5 people inside the box.
Hmmmmm...... I wonder if Toyota would ever consider sticking in the 2.0 liter motor from the RAV 4 into this little box.
Then it would have a really good pwer to weight ratio. It would be a better power to weight ration than my Sentra! :D

I'm gonna go back & test the A/C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.