Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,446 Posts
I was at Toyota of Olympia in Olympia , WA today helping my daughter buy her new 2018 RAV4 XLE. While there I was able to drive a 19 Corolla HB XSE 6MT. Driving the 6MT was fun. Shifts were nice and the clutch engagement is better then on my 17 iM although I'm used to it now so it's not a big deal. Engine has more power if you get on it but it's not as noticeable in normal driving. They had 8 of them in stock and not a single Flame Blue. When I asked why they said they had one on order but that none of them thought that it would sell very good! :lol:

I still hate this design. I'll take the dash design of my iM any day over this!

Toby could sit behind me in this car! Absolutely zero space. Not a big deal to me as I don't normally have more people in the car but this is a red flag for many.

I also hate the hatch angle. Talk about little room compared to the iM.

Once again this engine is so ugly looking it needs a cover!!

Get ready for more cars using 0W-16 oil!!

So weird without a had brake but the position of the shifter was excellent for me. I could still use a short shifter though as the throws are still too long.

·
dchev
2019 Toyota Camry SE
57 Posts
2019 Toyota Corolla XSE, manual

After driving 20 years auto transmission cars, I decided to get a manual 2019 Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback. Many people believe that one hatchback is "hot" if you have powerful engine, but I believe that 2019 Toyota Corolla XSE Hatchback is HOT because it has beautiful lines, comfortable and practical interior, and pretty decent performance. I think that Toyota have tried to make a copy of VW Golf, but they also have tried to incorporate some Japanese lines and touches. Thus, they have completely nailed the design of this car. I hope the car will be reliable, and it will provide long and excellent service in the future. I have had this car for less than 7 days, and I already received compliments on it.

Attachments

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
5,858 Posts
I got 49 miles per imperial gallon (41 miles per US gallon) 64% highway on the first tank full of 87 pump octane, now on 91 and 0W-20 oil.

2004 Corolla CE manual in the back sold for $1,100 with installed Camcon, etc, and upgraded audio at 367,000 kms.

Attachments

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
844 Posts
XSE by DESY photowerks, on Flickr

Freaggin 70 degrees outside today. Went and blasted carved up some backroads putting the RS*R springs and new alignment specs to work. I need stickier tires. Takomi Fujiwara said so.

Little video featuring wind noises, A slow SUV, a even slower Harley, Kentucky backwoods, and a few Bourbon plants.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts