Toyota Nation Forum banner
201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had a few Celica’s over the years, all of them RWD. Your pictures bring back a lot of good memory, thank you. I can only find one photo for my old Celica. This picture was taken by my friend when I was doing AutoX. It was a 1979 coupe, I bought it new and kept it for about 10 happy years. The car was modified over the years. It was sold to a friend at the car club and he crashed it at a race. I was so sad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. First post.

I picked up a very minty 1989 Celica GT late this summer. I've tried all sorts of Google searches to find alternative wheels, something that would be a Toyota stock rim, look good on my car, has more wheel and less sidewall, be four lug, etc. I guess if I can't find stock rims, I'd go after market, but I'd rather not.

I'm open to suggestions so I can get the right search terms.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla S            1996 Celica GT-Four
18 Posts
My 1996 Celica GT-Four I imported myself from Japan in 2015
Absolutely loved driving it, loved owning it, not driving it much anymore since been going to college and commuting and just not a good daily driver imo with its fuel consumption (like 10L/100km when on highway given also its pretty mountainous around here)

I had alot of options at time when purchasing in 2015 of other cars I could have gotten, Supra, R34 Skyline GTT, Rx7, but no I decided I wanted something super unique and rare only seen 1 other in person recently in 4.5 years of ownership. Couldn't be happier with my decision, it definitely doesn't turn heads that much, not many people know what it is but few that do absolutely love it!

Its totally stock besides upgrading the headunit to a android one, hind sight probably any unit would be fine I wanted to pay more so I could use GPS/google maps on it with it hotspotted to my phone etc, which I never used so meh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a 1978 Celica GT Coupe that should keep me busy through the summer an into the fall. 52K miles, starts and runs with coaxing (bad fuel pump). Some pics: Hood Bumper Vehicle door Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
It wasn't the fuel pump. it was the relay. Starts and runs, but will often sputter out and quit. Starts right up again though. Repair manual gets here Tuesday so I can get a clue regarding all those emission and carburetor hoses.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts