Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of you know the ae92 forum is very scattered to say the least, alot of good information is on here but burried in threads that started out as something else in the title. Well to start we should just have one thread to show our wheel set-ups anyone can look through and have something to refer to. Any size is welcome but it should include pictures and description like so...

Car: 1990 corolla sedan, stock 4afe auto.

Suspension: KYB gr-2's ordered for a gts with stock gts springs.

Wheels: MOMO arrow 16x7.5 all around, et 35.

Tires: Toyo proxies T1-S 215/40/16

Spacers: None in front, 5mm in rear to clear strut housing.

Notes: I also have toyota pick-up studs in rear allowing me to use the spacer they are a few mm longer than stock corolla studs. First picture is drivers rear without spacer then with spacer. You can see in the first picture that the rim just clears but is rubbing against the tire. Current set-up does not rub anywhere.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
woah... judging by your picture, looks like anything higher than 7inch width would have to be in the 20-25mm offset to fit on the AE92s, should try them on a coupe to see if there's a fitting difference from a Sedan.

Mine are 15x6.5 with 40mm offset, I'm running spacers on both front and rear right now, I think it's 3mm on the back and 2mm on the front, I would have to get an actual micrometer to measure the spacersand be sure, but it does change the look of the car that I can notice.

Old wheels were 15x7, 38mm offset and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I LOVE that second picture of your car with the other red AE92 in the background...you got a twin or what? :lol:

If anyone cares, my wheels are 14x7 of an unknown brand and offset but I'm working on figuring that out tonight. I don't have any spacers, I bought them used, they fit just perfect really..

I'll get a picture up here in a second, computer isn't uploading to photobucket for some reason

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here they are,

And NO my brakes are not that hideous chevy orange, thats the color they were when I bought the car years ago, I've since painted them black, I've just never taken more wheel pictures.

I need to take some new pictures of her, who knows maybe tomorrow I'll try to. These are old and horrible quality really.

Oh an here is one of my tires, I think there is a problem with them....They all stuck on the ground when I took off! :naughty:

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
Oh an here is one of my tires, I think there is a problem with them....They all stuck on the ground when I took off! :naughty:

All this means is that your car just lacks the power to makes them leave the ground ;)

jk of course lol

These are mine, i have no clue what make of wheel but i do know they are a 14 with a +35 offset wrapped with 175/65/14 random mismatched tires..and they are teh sechs.

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
hah i thinks its funny few have steelies and yet they are ALL knockoffs some aren't even branded :p

ok here are my steelies from when i bought the car

13x5.5 i'm guessing about 36-40+ 175/70-13

FRONT

BACK:just barely...

then i got another corolla and stole the knock-off 14's it was using
14x6 also high prob 38+ 195-60-14

now my new wheels are coming today, already have tires...
Rota RB hyper-black 16x8 205/45-16 :eek:

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
ok can i get a drum roll......

Rota RB hyperblack 16x7 +20 205/45-16

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
and i know the tires are cheapos but i wanted to work out a good alignment that i liked before eating up nice tires...

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
I LOVE that second picture of your car with the other red AE92 in the background...you got a twin or what? :lol:
Oh yeah, the twin days... both GTS, one 89 and one 90, the 89 I sold last summer to someone on the board, it's now back on the road. :)

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,501 Posts
lol ae92rolla91 i have those same wheels !!! anyways... ive played with alot of wheel setups just because i love how drastic wheels can change the look of a car ! here we go...

before i could fit any wheels on the car i had to run a 5mm spacer in the rear along with longer studs an beating the wheel wells in so i didnt rub... ( im running Apex springs, KYB struts & crash bolts to get more camber adjustment)

stock 14's

integra 14's

my track 14"s

my daily driving wheels 15" with 205's

my new ae86 wheels 15x8's !! Cant wait to see how bad these will rub..

some 16's i almost bought...

17's with 205's

big ballen, big pimpen... if you aint rubben U aint dubben 18's !!! lol these didnt fit but they were fun to throw up against the car for a bit haha...

Thats it for now... to this day i still dunno what wheels i like best my 14's 15's or even the 16's i tried looked okay..

~Dan

·
Registered
56 Posts
and i know the tires are cheapos but i wanted to work out a good alignment that i liked before eating up nice tires...

I like those new rims a lot.

It might be the flash accenting the inside of the fender, but you can mask your pretty coilovers and bomb them all flat black inside to match. Not like your car needs to be any more stealthy or ninja-like.

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
the inside of the wheels are anodized flat-black to my spec.

i still need to "re" paint the wheel-wells... all the sand i've been tearing through lately did a bit of sand-blasting to my paint.:p

and for the record i am not using any spacers as of yet. only on a very steep incline turning in the rear rubs a bit.
a long time ago i rolled my fenders, and flared them just a bit. i also beat the inside wheel well up front to make sure it didn't rub inside turning in.
i did all of this knowing i would need it now...

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
18x7.5 with a 42 mm offset I think. I will repost a pic for now and maybe some after the weekend. I think it is finally time to put them back on, because there shouldn't be any snow in April.

Oh yeah, I have lowered the back a good inch or so since then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
*runs to look at the rolla in the garage*

rollagts did you steal my rims? hahahaha

I really like the way those 15s look on your car...I think anything bigger than that looks a little odd on the poor cars.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
jmaz87, how's the fitment with those wheels and offset, any rubbing or spacers required??

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,501 Posts
*runs to look at the rolla in the garage*

rollagts did you steal my rims? hahahaha

I really like the way those 15s look on your car...I think anything bigger than that looks a little odd on the poor cars.

lol mothers polish works wonders on them too just so you know !!

an yes i completly agree which is why i didnt buy the 16's 15's look perfect on our cars if your after a clean factory look... hell i allways get people asken me when ima put wheels on it lol

88corollasr5 ! your nuts haha i didnt think anyone actually rolled around on 18's haha

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
18's with fucking K-sports BEEEOOOOCHHH recognize!!!

anyway REN69 so far so good.
i did my align today
Front:
-2.5 camber each side
0 total toe
Rear:
-1 camber each side
.02 total toe-in

you saw the pics there is no room at all. i got it to rub in the rear on a ridiculously steep incline while turning...
but almost any coil-over setup feels wierd on this turn (tried in several cars including wrx with Tein basics)

but even spirited driving so far hasn't shown any problems. i was especially suprised to be able to turn all the way left/right with out any issue at all!!!

VERY SATISFIED WITH ROTA

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
unfortunately after 18 months my shocks were all leaking but luckily ksport did a partial warranty so i replaced all 4 shocks for 200$ ftw

otherwise things are great

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
As far as I know mine are doing OK, but there is a knocking on both sides of the back. I honestly still think it is my sway bar. I replaced the bushings twice, but from two different places they were too big by at least 2-3 millimeters. I meant to call my mechanic today because I want to get this fixed before I put my Peyton Mannings back on:rofl2:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts