Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I have new wheels on the car, does anyone have a suggestion of a good place to get my calipers powdercoated? I have no problem shipping them if the shop is going to do a good job with them. How much does something like this cost?

Any suggestions on color? I'm thinking black...

Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I have painted calipers myself in the past and they never look as good as powder-coated. I figure, if I'm going to do it, I may as well do it right.

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
there is a place right next to my house
its called COLORCODE (310-329-7885)
i got my rims quoted for sand blasting and power coat for 80 each
not sure about calipers, call and see wassup

·
Registered
74 Posts
Having your calipers powder coated isn't like powdercoating wheels. They will need to disassemble them remove all the rubber and reinstall.

Is it OK to post non-vendor links here? For now PM me for a guy who does quite a lot of vettes, nissans, and caddys, + a bunch of other stuff.

Caution though, he's not cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
ah powder coating. I hate powdercoating the brakes because it looks cheap afterwards. If I were you, I'd just get drilled/slotted rotors if you want to make ur brakes look sexy. Because no matter what... when a person looks at powdercoated brakes.. its rice.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
"Having your calipers powder coated isn't like powdercoating wheels. They will need to disassemble them remove all the rubber and reinstall."

I have to agree with Zonsolo. Powder coating requires the parts be backed at 400 degrees F. I don't think the rubber seals around the caliper pistons could stand that heat.

Mike

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
"Having your calipers powder coated isn't like powdercoating wheels. They will need to disassemble them remove all the rubber and reinstall."

I have to agree with Zonsolo. Powder coating requires the parts be backed at 400 degrees F. I don't think the rubber seals around the caliper pistons could stand that heat.

Mike
I did a general Google search about this and other people expressed their concern about damaging the seals. How do Mercedes and Porsche get away without damaging the rubber seals when they powdercoat the brake calipers? Obviously Mercedes and other luxury companies have higher priced cars and all, but do they bake the calipers before installing the seals?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did a general Google search about this and other people expressed their concern about damaging the seals. How do Mercedes and Porsche get away without damaging the rubber seals when they powdercoat the brake calipers? Obviously Mercedes and other luxury companies have higher priced cars and all, but do they bake the calipers before installing the seals?
I think you just answered your own question.

I am really thinking about polishing my calipers, it will be alot of sanding, but could come out nice, but that is still an IDEA in my head, no BIG PLANS as of yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts