Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 94 5pad 4x4. Manual locks, Windows. My power antenna does not go up, motor ties and tries to no avail. Keeps radio from working. Can it be replaced with regular antenna ? I really dislike power accessories like this. They always malfunction for me....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried that. Think it would still be a functional antenna? I live in the middle of nowhere. Does yours still work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It does, but I don't know how well it works compared to with one fully extended.

But in my 95 I had either left it up as I detached it or pliered and screwdrivered it up afterward. It worked like an non- motorized one after that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OP, did you ever get your antenna fixed? My antenna went out ('92 4Runner). But, unlike you, I *wanted* to retain my ability to power it up and down. Long story but after a lot of time and money spent I discovered it wasn't so easy (inexpensive) to replace this Toyota-branded part. I finally ended up replacing my antenna with a cheap, non-powered, one. Works fine for radio reception. But I still miss pushing a button to make it go up and down!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remove inner fender liner. Loosen trim nut at quarter panel hole and unplug wire. Remove one M4 screw and give coax a tug from the gromet you will need some slack. Remove nut /bolt at center and four screws from side cover after sliding unit from behind the fender. lift out white plastic drum and snapped off remains if the toothed plastic track. Lift off metal plate and remove white gear hub from center and then slide the antenna segmented whip from motor assay. Get new antenna stem on Ebay for $20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts