Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power antenna can go down but not up. Is there any way to fixx this or i need to buy a new antenna.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
The plastic teeth on my antenna mast broke..... I decided to not open it up to remove the broken part and instead just bought a cheap antenna from AutoZone.... <$10 and stays up permanently. It also extends and retracts manually, but sits about 14" off the trunk. Stays in place, and is all metal!

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
They are known for that. Mine goes up and down but when it goes it and reaches the top, it makes this loud ass grinding sound. Scares everybody that has never driven in my car before.

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
My antenna still works both ways but its really dirty around the places where each piece connects, anything that their can be done to clean it up and grease the joining pieces so that I will be able to avoid having to buy a new antenna?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I cleaned mine with LPS (like WD40, but safe on plastics) about 20 times ant up and down. Then cleaned with electronic cleaner (alcohol). Once all residue was removed, I polished it with three coats of the spray they use on table saws and blades to make them slippery. It doen't even freeze up in the winter anymore.

·
l33tness is Uniquiness
72 Posts
awsome thanks for the info, much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts