Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make the power button work again on a stock camry radio? It doesnt turn off anymore and it stays constantly on until you shut off the engine. It turns back on when your start your car. THe only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery terminal, but the funny thing is that it wont turn on through the power bottom if you do it this way, you have to press the radio bottom a couple of times to turn the stereo back on.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Get a new Radio. Ebay. Or search the F/S section on the website. May get luckey.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
pull the radio fuse out for now until you get a new unit as asg14 has suggested.

lol....excuse to get a nice decent head unit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i guess i can get a new deck, but I dont want to risk getting my car broken into and deal with installing an alarm. Haven't had much luck finding another stock radio replacement because people want rediculously high prices for used 10 year old radios. Guess I'll be stuck with this for a long time, but at least it works. I guess I can tune it out by turning the volume down to zero but I just cant turn it off.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
It sounds like the contact is just dirty. One thing you can try is to disconnect the battery and then go inside the car and press the knob quickly about 100 times. Then reconnect the battery and see if this has helped. This procedure may clean the contacts a bit. If not, you have only wasted about 5 minutes.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts