Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I hope I've posted in the right place, I didn't see a specific section for my car so I thought I'd try here since I think it would come under Corolla as a catch-all term?
Anyway, the niggle I have here is that my driver-side mirror folds in ok but when it's folding back out it only goes about half way. At this position there is a bit play, I can slight push it in or out but not fully either way [I fear I might break something if I push too hard]. I can get it to fully open if I lightly push it as it is folding out and when it is in this fully open position it locks ok.
I've tried numerous google searches without much luck so far.
It's not a major issue but I wouldn't mind seeing if it's anything I can sort out myself before taking it to a garage and probably end up having it replaced.
Appreciate any input.

·
Premium Member
1994 Corolla DX
4,348 Posts
You'll have much better luck if you post in the appropriate generation Corolla forum.

BTW did you try to spray silicone spray while working the mirror back and forth?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I am wondering what year Corolla do you have that it has power folding mirrors. I wish to add this feature to my 2016 S Plus. My girlfriend has a Taiwanese Altis with these mirrors and I love this feature. Hope you found a solution to your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts