Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
nooB nooB noo
06 Taco
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 dbl cab v6 non TRD SR5 and want to install an inverter. The 400w max inverter offered by Toyota is a toy and I would melt it using a Milwaukee Hole Hawg. I'm going to install an inverter of at least 1500w and hope it may fit into the factory location. I have had several instances where it would have been nice to have; but, I can load my 10kw generator onto the truck, but it's inconvenient and takes up valuable bed space.

thanks,
Larzzzz

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
if you are wondering where the factory invertor is, then it is pretty much directly underneath the center console storage bin. you might be able to fit a 1500w inverter, if it isnt to wide.

if i were you, i would keep the factory invertor, and put the additional one under a seat, or behind the back seat if you have a double cab.

which cab do you have?

·
nooB nooB noo
06 Taco
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have the factory inverter, 400w is of no use to me. Under the center console..... that emulates a hoover! Oh well, I'm gonna have to find a new home for the one I want to install. I haven't got one yet, but I'm pretty sure whichever one I get will not fit under the console. Thanks for letting me know where it is though.

Larzzzz
Been there, broke that hahaha

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
Larger inverters, like 1500+ watts, are all in pretty large casings and don't fit under the seat. 1000 W to 1200 W inverters step down to a smaller case and do fit.

I have a 1700 Watt that I don't think is going to find a home in my access cab, unless I do find some space somewhere behind the dash, which I doubt.

I will be pulling mine apart when the weather is warmer, but since I don't have a garage that may be some time from now...

I'll let you know when I do, but meantime, check the stickied mod thread, and there are some threads on in-cab power with inverter installs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts