Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the power locks stopped working. Neither driver nor passanger side lock buttons move the locks and when I use the key from the outside all 4 doors do not unlock like they used to.
Is this a common problem? Is there a common solution? Where is the controller for powerlocks located?

Thank you,

Boris.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check fuses first but my bet is that the wires in the doors are broken where the door hinges. Mine only worked when you swung the door back and forth and i pulled the trim off and pulled the rubber boot off and there was 4 broken off wires in there, and 3 bare ones. I took and cut it all out and soldered in new wires and no more problems. :)

·
Sleepin zZzzzz
'95 V6 Camry XLE
870 Posts
If you haven't solved your problem yet, I believe what you're looking for is all built into the lock/unlock and window up/down module in the driver's side door.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked all the fuses but haven't found any bad ones.
360glitch - I'll take apart the door and take a look as soon as it gets relatively warm outside. Thanks for the hint.

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
you checked all fuses...

you check the ones under hood?
inside behind coin tray?
take apart the bottom half of the steering column and to the left and up theres a few more fuses.. pink and green you check those?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts