Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93' cam 4 banger auto and ive noticed lately that when the car goes into 2nd gear, there is not much acceleration. not sure if this is typical of our 4 bangers or not. when i start from a stand still, the pull is decent and i feel it, but when i am accelerating from 30-40 it takes a while to get up to 60.. any suggestions or ideas?

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
^That doesn't matter at all. It only raises the rpms that the transmission shifts at.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yeah at that speed with the auto tranny, pickup just isn't too great. the 5spd really does make a difference there.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ actaully....that's more of a 4banger thing.... ;)

for the v6s, second gear is great...full power throughout the entire range past 3.5K all the way to redline and beyond :thumbup:

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
I :loove: My V6

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:

for the v6s, second gear is great...full power throughout the entire range past 3.5K all the way to redline and beyond :thumbup:
yeah you guys have the advantaage of alot more torque than us 5sfe owners :-(

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
dont slow down then. the key to good point to point times are to not slow down :p

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
im sure some injector cleaner will help some! JUST DONT USE STP-it sucks...lucas, gumout, etc. (i prefer lucas)

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
terrastrife, i dont slow down, i keep constant throttle and it just seems to lag.. *shrug* i dunno.. what should i expect out of a 13 yr old car

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:

True that!!!!!:clap: :whatwhat:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts