Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About my GEN 3.5 with 137k miles.........

My seats have a play in them. When I sit, the back goes back about 2 inches before it gets clicked. Dealer told me that the seat will need to be changed. I hate it that there is PLAY in my seat BACKS. Anybody else has this problem? How to fix it withour replacing the whole 600 dollar seat?

Also my driver side mirror motor does not seem to be moving the mirror. The mirror is facing downwards and it is useless. I do hear the motor noise but the mirror won't move. Change the whole mirror?? Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you have the power seats? If so, it could be the mesh on the gears have seen some considerable wear and tear. Your best bet could be a junkyard replacement, or search ebay.

As for the mirror, replacements on ebay aren't that much.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
no no...don't go buying anything new....if you must buy...there are at least three people parting out their camries....you should check them out first

my seats do that somewhat but i make sure they click into place before i start moving or else it startles me.

edit: or hit the junkyard..maybe find some nice power seats =0)

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Power mirror go to junkyard or find one being parted out on here for the seatback it sounds like the DIY will help you out also. If the symptons are the same.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I don't think I will spend 1000 on seats. Junk or used should be it.
Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts