Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i was taking the door panel off. I unplugged the window control molex. but when i plugged it back in, something must have happened, because the window controlers only were seeing 1/2 a volt instead of a normal 12 and the power locks won't lock. So i re-ran a power line into the doors and now the windows work, but for some reason, the power locks only work when the car is on. So after a bit of searching and looking through wiring diagrams, it looks like the power wires go through a few fuses and relays, every fuse i found seemed ok, but i can't the relay that the pwoer goes through. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had another 12V fused power source running into my door for some lights i added. So i tapped power from that for now. but it's still strange that my automatic door locks only work twhen the key is in the run position. my windows work fine with the new power, but looking at the wiring diagram, both systems run from the same relay in the car. so i don't know where this relay is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.