Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 95 camry 5s-fe and was trying to flush the steering fluid. I see that there are actually two hoses connecting to the power steering fluid reservior. How do you tell which one is the return hose? In other words, which hose do you disconnect and just plug up and which hose do you disconnect and connect a tubing to drain in a bucket? I have searched the other threads but no one ever seem to make clear which is the return hose. The pictures also only show one hose and one inlet and that was for a 97 camry. If anyone knows the difference in the 95 camry 4 cylinder, please share their expertise. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
I would'nt remove hoses to flush this assembly, removing hoses without good reason is just asking for a leak. i would just siphon out the fluid with a turkey baster and top up. Run the engine several minutes, repeat. Until its clean.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actually chose the easy way of siphoning it out over flushing it by disconnecting the hose. BUt its time consuming and tedious. My fluid is still dark after a liter, I'm on my second container now. I wonder how many it will take before it turns clear, so far its taking forever....

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well, even if you use the flushing method, it'll still take at least a couple of liters, so you seem to be on track ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts