1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 4th gen,

My power steering was leaking a few months ago seems
to have stopped now.:D

I mean to take the whole power steering system off.

How to complete the job?
Will the steering rack be ok without the fluid.

I would have to cap the oil and vacumm lines right?

anyone running like this?

·
Nuckin Futs
78 Posts
let me just warn you that this car without power steering is very hard to steer. I drove for a good month and a half with no power steering belt,and it was almost impossible to park in parking lots,let alone parellel park. Taking curves in the road,the steering was very heavy,but direct. Just properly fix it. You don't want to drive this car without it. My shoulders would hurt after a 15 minute drive. I then had manual steering in my RX7 and that was very light and responsive.

·
Nuckin Futs
78 Posts
Yeah,I installed a Pacesetter header on my car and needed to take the alternator off to install it,so I had to take the belts off,and when my friend and I reinstalled the belts,he over tightened the crank-power steering belt and it actually slipped off the pulley and shredded and then snapped,leaving me with no power steering belt. I then tried to replace the belt,but the bolt that holds the bracket into the block is seized and I couldn't get it out,so I drove the car without power steering until I took it off the road and bought an RX7.

I hope to rebuild that Celica with a 3SGTE...and power steering. :D

·
Nuckin Futs
78 Posts
I owned the RX7 for 3 months,I bought it with 155 000km on it,and sold it to a co-worker with 162 000km,and the engine blew at 164 666km! A couple days ago we put a rebuilt motor large streetport 13B 6 port non-turbo in it,which makes more horsepower than a stock TurboII model! I went out and bought an RX7 TurboII after I sold the other one,and had it for 2 weeks before I killed the motor,so I sold it and picked up another Celica. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.