Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 XLS power steering reservoir was very low and upon further inspection I noticed the return line rubber hose right after the reservoir as well as at the other end of the metal line, it was soaked with oil. Since the metal line in-between the rubber hose is in good shape can I just change the rubbers hoses at each end? If so does anyone know the size of each hose so I can purchase before disassembly?

Toyota Part No.: 44406-07090

Attachments

·
2011 Avalon Limited
1,134 Posts
My 2009 XLS power steering reservoir was very low and upon further inspection I noticed the return line rubber hose right after the reservoir as well as at the other end of the metal line, it was soaked with oil. Since the metal line in-between the rubber hose is in good shape can I just change the rubbers hoses at each end? If so does anyone know the size of each hose so I can purchase before disassembly?

Toyota Part No.: 44406-07090
Looks like they might be preformed hoses. One way to find out the size is to disconnect it and measure the diameter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Avalon Limited, I'd like to avoid disconnect measure, then reconnect, refill ps reservoir so that I can drive to the auto parts store to purchase the hoses. I'd also like to avoid doing this in the auto parts store parking lot as I have all my tools in the garage.

I believe is I cut the hoses long enough I have enough room to play with. Hose clamp sizes are easy to figure out based on od sizing, I just need the inside dimensions.

·
Registered
'06 Avalon
1,611 Posts
My '06 Avalon XL has had a leaky return hose for some time. The leak is very small - I simply top up. I will eventually replace the line. Right now I'm guessing 3/8" ID.
My biggest concern is getting the hose off the connector pipe on the reservoir w/o breaking it.
The hose I'm speaking of is the one that's part of part # 44406 in the diagram provided in the 1st post of this thread.
I'm not too concerned about it being pre-formed. It's not all that long.

Reactions: My Dream

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Mike.

We're both on the same page in that it's the 44406 line I'm referring to. In doing a search the Toyota oem part is around $75.00 not including shipping and tax. In my Avalon the metal (middle section) is in great shape, therefore I believe it would be more cost effective to replace the upper and lower rubber sections with new hose clamps. I just want to have the rubber sections available before I remove the 44406 part as I'm not able to drive to a parts store with that section removed.

As it stands now the best guess is by Mike Murell at 3/8" id.

PS. I'm dealing with a 09 so I'm hoping the reservoir is not as brittle as your 06. With that in mind, I don't believe my connector pipe will break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.